Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: turn signals and more (Read 1215 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: turn signals and more
03/05/10 at 23:07:54

others have done similar

« Last Edit: 12/11/10 at 22:01:15 by verslagen1 »  
WWW   IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #1 - 03/08/10 at 08:25:27

Here's my setup.  This pic is from a long time ago when I had just finished the seat mod.

And as it sits now.

Here's a link to the thread about the brake/plate/turns bracket.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1233000795/33#33

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #2 - 03/08/10 at 20:09:50

These are surprisingly nice for the price.  I have them front and rear on my S50 and front on my Savage.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-BULLET-LIGHT-TURN-SIGNALS-4-AMBER-Dual-Filam...

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 03/09/10 at 05:03:23

jef.savage wrote on 03/08/10 at 20:09:50:
These are surprisingly nice for the price.  I have them front and rear on my S50 and front on my Savage.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-BULLET-LIGHT-TURN-SIGNALS-4-AMBER-Dual-Filam...

I agree!  This seller sells them in 2's and 4's, red and amber, and did have some listings with a mounting bracket included too.  I was very surprised, they were much nicer than I expected for the price.  I only bought 2 and installed them as rear signals.  Haven't messed with the front yet, but I might change them out to match.  Hubby did say they weren't very bright, so I'm exploring options of changing out the bulbs, but the quality of the light was worth it!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #4 - 03/15/10 at 10:37:49

Babyhog, if you used the two wires that are on the ts when they arrive they aren't wired correctly.  One of those is a running light and the other is the ts.  You should add a ground wire which will connect to the bike's (black and white) ground wire.  Then you can connect both other wires to the bike's hot wire (green for right, black for left).  That should light the running light and ts light together.  It also gives you the option of using them as running lights on the rear by wiring them the same as the front lights.

I apologize if I'm stating the obvious. It wasn't obvious to me until I put them on the front and had to figure out how to wire for running lights and ts.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 03/15/10 at 12:54:38

jef.savage wrote on 03/15/10 at 10:37:49:
Babyhog, if you used the two wires that are on the ts when they arrive they aren't wired correctly.  One of those is a running light and the other is the ts.  You should add a ground wire which will connect to the bike's (black and white) ground wire.  Then you can connect both other wires to the bike's hot wire (green for right, black for left).  That should light the running light and ts light together.  It also gives you the option of using them as running lights on the rear by wiring them the same as the front lights.

I apologize if I'm stating the obvious. It wasn't obvious to me until I put them on the front and had to figure out how to wire for running lights and ts.

Thanks Jef.  Will have to let hubby read this though... I purposely avoid anything electrical/wiring related.  (I can plumb your toilet or sink, but don't ask me to change a light switch!  LOL)  All I know is he wired them all together.  My little round LED's are wired in as turn signals, not running lights.  By design, I guess, but running lights would have been a good option too.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
QNero
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, Colorado.
Reply #6 - 06/06/21 at 00:33:01

Is this available? I'd like a price quote for future ref.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 06/06/21 at 07:43:31

QNero wrote on 06/06/21 at 00:33:01:
Is this available? I'd like a price quote for future ref.

This is not the marketplace.
A similar look can be gotten with the stock holder by replacing the license plate light with the cat eye stop light.

« Last Edit: 06/06/21 at 09:54:46 by verslagen1 »  
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 12:00:04

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Re: turn signals and more

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.