Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Whats Missing on the s-40 ? (Read 835 times)
David Levi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Whats Missing on the s-40 ?
Reply #45 - 03/05/10 at 15:28:05

I think it is missing nitrous and a wild woman. Just sayin...

I think stock there are a few standard adjustments that would be nice, but they are well documented here. Too lean, uncomfortable seat for longer rides (never bothered me too much, I'm light). Never two'd up and don't plan too in my 3rd year, so can't comment on that.

Ultimately, the bike has done everything I needed it to do. Stock believe it or not. I even sang most of what I remembered of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious while cruising at 75 down a highway last year. I should have youtubed it, would have been like talking through a fan. I am glad I didn't have a taller high gear, a crosswind faster than I was going would have sacred the **** out of me.

I can count so the fuel levels were never really a concern.  

For another thread, I bought a 07 sv650 a few days ago for my second bike. I am keeping the savage for my three mile trip to work and to help break in some friends.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #46 - 03/05/10 at 17:13:07

A tach is easy, just get a small engine tach ( can I say lawnmower?) that has the pickup wrap around the plug wire and is grounded to the chasis. I've been using one for years. it is responsive and really helps with tuning the power plant. What is missing is front end stability at over 60 mph, my '02 would drift at superslab speeds untill I installed a superbrace. Since the bike is light you can lock up the rear brake without knowing it but there is not much you can do about it except be carefull. What is missing is a better carb, a better exhaust and a better flowing head all of which can be taken care of with a little tinkering.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #47 - 03/05/10 at 18:57:41

dipstick, fuel guage and trip meter...

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #48 - 03/06/10 at 04:55:01

Features Veypor/VR2

Full Instrumentation  
Portable Dynamometer with plots    
Full and Pro Tree 1/4 Mile Runs    
0-60Mph and Braking Test Timing  
Roll-on timing for any speeds    
Graph results for all Runs  
Save up to 8 runs    
Calculate Fuel Mileage and fuel level  
Separate Fuel Odometer    
Odometer and Resettable Tripmeter  
Metric or Imperial units    
Two maintenance hour meters    
Gear Indicator    
Lap Timer and Course Analyzer    
Full featured Rally Computer    
Store 4 separate vehicle setups    
Super bright dual-level shiftlight    
Programmable speed light    
Download all Run data to a PC    

(VR2 only)

*Drag Coefficient Calculation    
*Rolling Resistance Calculation    
*Full-time datalogging for up to 24h    
*Programmable sampling rate    
*View all logging sessions on a PC    
*Time and Date with battery backup    

The Veypor and VR2 provide useful features for all driving situations and in all weather conditions - from drag and circuit racing on a track, to rally racing in the desert, to a daily commute. You can watch your mileage and fuel consumption in real-time, practice staged 1/4 mile runs, improve your lap times or just find out which gear you're in. The rally computer mode lets you time and measure every leg of a journey or stage of a rally. Want to know exactly how long it took you to cover that 60 Mile stretch of twisties, how much gas you used and what your average speed was? Now you do. The Horsepower and Torque plotting serve as an invaluable tuning aid for making engine adjustments and the data acquisition provides post race/trip analysis. The Veypor even reminds you when to change your oil and clean your filters.

The full instrumentation including permanent odometer and simulated fuel gauge lets the Veypor replace an entire bulky instrument panel on your custom streetfighter, cruiser or kit car. Since it is rain and splash proof, you can use it anytime you want to go for a ride.

Most importantly, the system is very easy to install - requiring only basic knowledge of the motorcycle or vehicle and an hour or two of your time. No wiring diagrams or special tools are necessary.

The Flash memory of the Veypor allows you to download new software updates from our website and reprogram your unit using the included cables. Our customers suggested adding a lap timer, so we did. They also suggested a course timer, so we created that too. Every time we add a new feature we put the updated firmware on our website so you can use it instantly

For more details on what it does and how, go to http://veypor.com/veypor.html

The best part is the price, just $159.99 for the Veypor or $199.99 for the VR2

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #49 - 03/06/10 at 06:35:48

Wow, you do get what you pay for,....maybe more ?

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #50 - 03/06/10 at 06:59:58

But for something less expensive, is this:
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/hour_meter.cfm
about as good as I could expect for 40 bucks ?

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #51 - 03/06/10 at 07:15:17

I browsed through the Veypor website, and noticed a couple of interesting things. One, it communicates with your computer using an RS-232 serial cable. Most newer computers no longer have this. Veypor sells an RS-232 to USB adapter so your computer can talk to the Veypor. And two, it uses Hyperterminal for communication. Hyperterminal is no longer part of Windows (Vista, Seven) so you will have to find a Hyperterminal program elsewhere. Just a heads-up.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #52 - 03/06/10 at 19:21:33

Charon wrote on 03/06/10 at 07:15:17:
I browsed through the Veypor website, and noticed a couple of interesting things. One, it communicates with your computer using an RS-232 serial cable. Most newer computers no longer have this. Veypor sells an RS-232 to USB adapter so your computer can talk to the Veypor. And two, it uses Hyperterminal for communication. Hyperterminal is no longer part of Windows (Vista, Seven) so you will have to find a Hyperterminal program elsewhere. Just a heads-up.

Did you check their upgrade list ?  They are usually pretty good about keeping ahead of this kind of stuff.

IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #53 - 03/08/10 at 09:06:40

At least one member put one of these on his :

http://www.electrosport.com/street/speedometers-series-2700-2800.php

It is a candidate for future upgrades

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:28:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Whats Missing on the s-40 ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.