Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Backfiring (Read 419 times)
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Re: Backfiring
Reply #15 - 04/01/10 at 22:39:57

Very nice post. I really appreciate the information.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #16 - 04/01/10 at 22:42:06

I found this site... has diagram of the carburator and other parts.

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=432120&categ...

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
fascar228
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Islamabad
Reply #17 - 04/02/10 at 00:40:54

Well! the backfire/afterfires are genetic trait for the s40. Mine POWED often. At first I got surprised every time but then got the hang of it. In stock condition the muffler sound was anemic so I did the hartmann mod(we don't have HD m/c's here). The backfire/afterfire became LOUD and at times bothersome. I did not want to do the spacer mod so it took a drill and gently made a hole in the air mixture screw brass cap in creasing drill bit size progressively till I was able to insert a small screw driver in. This way the brass cap remained there as a safe guard for the mixture needle ever falling out. I rode the bike to its operating temperature stopped and turned the mixture screw CW (took1/2 a turn). Then I turned it CCW about 1-1/2 turn. Huh MY PROBLEMS WERE OVER Smiley. 98% of the afterfires are gone. This is good enough.
I live in Pakistan, islamabad elevation approx 1300feet. Summers are hot 42-45C. we have mountain resort nearby (50km) elevation 7500+ feet, now during the climb the bike warms ups and if we decend fast I get a big BANG..... OR after hard riding (80mph) then a BANG. But this is now very much acceptable

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:33:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Backfiring

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.