Bear

Electrical Engineer
- Retired - Ridin'
for 43 yrs

Central Washington State
Re: s40 boulevard mine!!
Reply #15 - 02/25/10 at 22:06:07

fascar228 wrote on 02/25/10 at 21:29:34:
Thank you all for a great welcome , really looking forward to riding this machine as soon as the weather clears. Its been raining for the last 2 days since I bought the bike, otherwise it wouldnt rain. I have been going thru the rubber side down threads, YES! it back fires I have the original muffler so its a pHufff at best. its quick and goes to 85-90 mph fairly quickly, handling is OK.....Its brand new!! i did 100km, its not a rever and happy to shift in the mid power range. It seems as if this is a diesel engined bike(due to the torque and low revs) as it runs happyily in 2nd/3rd &4th gears, 1st gear I think is for pulling tractor/semi's and the fifth is for consolation....BUT I AM LIKING THE CHANGE...the best it fits my height perfectly secondly its light as a feather compared to my previous bike (hondacb650sohc4). Any do's & don'ts would be welcome
Faisal

I made the same change from honda cb 650 to Savage S40.  You will save yourself some time if you read my post "Rejetting that works". Small changes make it smoother and emiminate the BIG BANG. There isn't another new bike out there that I would want to own.  The Suzuki has a few warts, small tank etc. but no deal breakers.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: s40 boulevard mine!!
Reply #16 - 02/26/10 at 16:26:00

Fascar, welcome and we have the same bikes..I love mine and get compliments on it all the time.
In the sunlight the white looks to have specks of gold and in case you didn't notice their is a gold pinstripe between the  two colors.

I call my paint color, cranberry with a touch of pink which I love.. You are going to never want to stop riding once you start.
By the way I got mine the end of July and have just turned 3,000 miles.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:33:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › s40 boulevard mine!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.