Send Topic Print
My daughter is ready (Read 662 times)
miker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texas, USA
My daughter is ready
02/23/10 at 05:10:08

I have built chopper for years. Mostly British and Harley. I am ready for a different build, and my daughter, who finished High School last week, really wants us to do a build together. The very first time that I saw a Savage, my chopper thoughts started spinning. We picked up her Savage last night. This build will be well documented and we will keep you updated. I really like this motorcycle!
We are starting with a bone stock, well ridden 1996 savage. She is an artist, so this will be an interesting transformation. On the technical end- we are counting on you guys- so thanks in advance for all of your help.

None of us know as much as all of us!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: My daughter is ready
Reply #1 - 02/23/10 at 05:14:27

Welcome to the Savage World !

There is a lot of stuff available to transform the bike; everything from a slight jet/tune to a wild animal.

Have fun...looking forward to see what happens.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 02/23/10 at 05:24:50

Yea, please keep us posted.  We love progress pictures!  And I'm especially glad to hear of a teenage female who wants to do it.  Good of you to make it happen!  Welcome  Smiley 

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #3 - 02/23/10 at 07:05:53

Be sure to check out the table of contents in the Technical Documents section. Lots of information there.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #4 - 02/23/10 at 08:29:59

Welcome.  Let the creativity begin!

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #5 - 02/23/10 at 11:21:44

Great to hear that a young lady has this interest in motorcycles. Let her creative ideas flow into the bike. Tell her a big hug and kiss are needed after the build is complete. Welcome to the Savage nation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 02/23/10 at 13:22:11

There are several who have done serious mods. If I try to list them, Ill miss someone who has made real contributions, so, I wont even try. If youll start by describing what you are looking to achieve, there will be people who will be able to offer possible ways to get there or maybe suggestions on where to get the parts/service you need to get it Juuuust Riiight.

Does she have enough riding experience to take a newly built, lovingly finished machine out? IOW, has she gotten past the "Oooopsie, I dropped it" stage of learning?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FrankYoungWolf

Living The Life!!

Ocala, Fl.
Reply #7 - 02/23/10 at 14:24:35

Congrat's to both of you, I look forward to the day My 14 year old gets her first bike.  I can not wait to see the transformation...Frank

And I will show you something different from either Your shadow at
morning striding behind you Or your shadow at evening rising to meet
you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-- T.S. Eliot
  IP Logged
miker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texas, USA
Reply #8 - 02/27/10 at 08:30:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/23/10 at 13:22:11:
Does she have enough riding experience to take a newly built, lovingly finished machine out? IOW, has she gotten past the "Oooopsie, I dropped it" stage of learning?

she will be riding a cheap rebel, or something similar, during the build months. I have two boys who need a learner as well. Motorcycle riders safety course is required, and in Texas, it is a very good course. I will have her get on this site so she can do all of the documentation. She will be shooting the before pics today and start tear down on Sunday.
This does not seem to be one of the more common, sleazy biker sites, but I will add this disclaimer. As she posts the progress pics, remember, this is my daughter, please keep any inappropriate comments to yourselves. I don't think the disclaimer is necessary here, but you know how some sites are! Wink

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #9 - 02/27/10 at 12:56:57

first-i think it's great u do things and spend time with your kids! the world needs more of that, trust me i know!

2nd-i look forward to seeing the chopper man, we love that kinda stuff!

3rd-i have and will again posted pics of my fiance, and i promise there will be nothing innappropriate, we'll def say she's pretty or something like that, but like u said, this isn't your normal biker site! lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #10 - 02/27/10 at 17:23:02

miker wrote on 02/27/10 at 08:30:54:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/23/10 at 13:22:11:

she will be riding a cheap rebel, or something similar, during the build months. I have two boys who need a learner as well. Motorcycle riders safety course is required, and in Texas, it is a very good course. I will have her get on this site so she can do all of the documentation. She will be shooting the before pics today and start tear down on Sunday.
This does not seem to be one of the more common, sleazy biker sites, but I will add this disclaimer. As she posts the progress pics, remember, this is my daughter, please keep any inappropriate comments to yourselves. I don't think the disclaimer is necessary here, but you know how some sites are! Wink

I'm working on a deal for a bike for my daughter as well. We are going to be building it together also. I perfectly understand your concern about posting pics of your daughter. Rest assured, you are correct, this site is very respectful of people and there will be no inappropriate remarks.

Can't wait to see pics of the bike. Most of the folks around here build bobbers, can't wait to see another chopper.

Oh, and just FYI, this is how you post pics on this site. http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1240899665

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #11 - 02/28/10 at 02:47:28

Welcome to the forum. You will find a very nice helpful group of people  here and no sleeze. I am soo happy to know your daughter is into the bikes and can't wait to see the pics.

I had a Rebel for almost 2 years before getting my Suzuki last July. Again welcome and the safety course is great to have under ones belt.

IP Logged
miker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texas, USA
Reply #12 - 03/13/10 at 06:14:23

We have started disassembly. Iris will get pics up today. It only took a couple of hours to strip the bike. We will start chopping the frame this week. I have located available belt lengths, and it looks like we will be streching either the frame or the swingarm about 4", keep the stock rake, and replace the backbone to allow a better fit of a tunneled gas tank. I must say, there is a lot of stuff packed into a small space, but I am impressed with the general construction. The factory welds, however, are very sloppy, and there is an excessive amount of electrics. We will be doing LOTS of grinding. This is shaping up to be a very fun project.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 03/13/10 at 07:52:45

WWW   IP Logged
Iball7
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 03/13/10 at 10:26:39

Hi, I'm Miker's daughter. This is my first motorcycle and my first buid. I am REALLY excited; I've always wanted a chopper. I will post pictures regularly to show everyone our progress.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 11:17:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My daughter is ready

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.