Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Rejetting That Works
Reply #45 - 02/26/10 at 16:44:53

I can see a STOCK savage getting 55-60 mpg with ease. Even with a lot depending on the driver a stock engine is soo leaned out for EPA requirements you will get better gas mileage at a cost to the  performance of the engine. I don't think anybody is telling tall tails about their milage. My bike has been tweeked fo more horse power instead of high mpg, I'm a compulsive mechanic and like twisting the best out of a motor no matter what it is. To each his own, a savage will give great milage if not modified and ridden easy.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Rejetting That Works
Reply #46 - 02/27/10 at 08:35:45

Just because an engine is tuned to pass EPA specs, doesn't mean that its getting the best milage, especially when its leaned out to the point of running rough, and actually running better w/ the choke on 1 click. Most any engine is running the most effeciently, when it is running smoothly,....lets call it "correctly" But that doesn't mean that it isn't putting out more hydrocarbons. Remember in the 70s when carbs were leaned, ignitions and camshafts were retarded to pass the first emissions specs,....while at the same time miliage went down to an all time low ? But I was an auto tech in Ca then, so probably know more about that than some.
Ed L. wrote on 02/26/10 at 16:44:53:
a stock engine is soo leaned out for EPA requirements you will get better gas mileage at a.....  

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 18:24:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rejetting That Works

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.