YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Rejetting That Works
Reply #30 - 02/24/10 at 18:39:18

I'm toolin' up and back at 70 mostly, ok I do slow down when the cages get too close together.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 02/25/10 at 05:18:07

40m/gallon is about 6lt/100km, that's kinda high for a 650 cruiser on open roads. Mine burns even more, due to smaller rear tire and short city rides, but nevertheless...

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #32 - 02/25/10 at 05:55:46

If you click on the "Fuelly" logo in my signature, you can review the fuel mileage on my S40, with just a few comments. According to them, my overall average is in the 55 range. I figured it once by taking the average of my fuel economy readings. Fuelly apparently figures it by total miles divided by total fuel, and gets a different answer.

The reason I said modifying the jets results in a motorcycle illegal for road use is that the Clean Air Act forbids modifications that increase emissions, either of exhaust byproducts or of noise including intake noise. That prohibition includes not only mechanics, but owners. It does not matter if the resultant emissions still fall within limits - if they increase from where they started they are illegal. We all know those Federal laws are neither observed nor enforced, but they still exist.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #33 - 02/25/10 at 07:15:15

I do use 100% gasoline in all my cars and motorcycles.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #34 - 02/25/10 at 07:28:41

Would you be so kind as to define "100% gasoline" for us? Does that mean it has no additives at all? Including the Federally mandated ones designed to keep intake valves clean? And remembering that gasoline is not a single compound but a blend of dozens if not hundreds of different hydrocarbons? And that its formulation varies depending on season and location?

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #35 - 02/25/10 at 07:34:10

On the gas tanks where I buy gasoline it says 100% gasoline,So thats what the Gas companies think it is. No veggie oils.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 02/25/10 at 07:54:15

And no ethilene (alcohol).

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #37 - 02/25/10 at 10:49:24

you can test fuel with a simple test with a old bottle to see how much alcohol it has it   the method is in the cylmers manual

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #38 - 02/25/10 at 13:11:08

bill67 wrote on 02/24/10 at 05:20:59:
Your getting the lowest mpg of anyone on here,There has to be a reason,Or you think everyone else is lying.

Hey Bill,
Dija check the MPG poll lately,....hee hee  Grin

Did you ever hear about the 2 old guys that bought identical cars........aw, forget it, you didn't Roll Eyes

I think "most" tell the truth on MPG, but some don't,...it's always been that way.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #39 - 02/25/10 at 13:23:35

I see that, so far we have 3 real liars here. On the mpg poll.

« Last Edit: 02/25/10 at 18:55:17 by bill67 »  

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 02/25/10 at 18:39:27

there's only 12 people involved in this thread so far, including myself with this comment. 25% liars...idk what to say.

IP Logged
Bear

Electrical Engineer
- Retired - Ridin'
for 43 yrs

Central Washington State
Reply #41 - 02/25/10 at 20:17:07

bill67 wrote on 02/25/10 at 13:23:35:
  I see that, so far we have 3 real liars here. On the mpg poll.

I don't know if it is intentional lying.  I wonder how accurate the pumps are when dispensing a gallon and a half, stopping three times and dribbling out the last quart so we don't overfill.  When I reported my milage at the beginning of this post it was from 4 fillups at the same station. Best information I have.
I suspect the pumps are pretty accurate dumping 25 gallons with the valve wide open.  Accurate with our dribbles of gas - i just don't know.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #42 - 02/26/10 at 05:51:06

I think Bill is the only one that accused people of lying on the poll.

I just know of those that always round out the numbers, like 1.2 gallons becomes a gallon,........and 1.7 becomes 1 1/2 gallons.

And then there are those that always give their best ever mileage as gospel.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #43 - 02/26/10 at 05:58:09

The 3 people that get over 60 mpg must be lying

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #44 - 02/26/10 at 07:07:33

They may not be. I have recorded three over-70 mpg tanks, and 13 over-60 mpg tanks not counting the over-70 ones. I have also recorded an under-40 mpg tank and 7 under-50 mpg tanks not counting the low one. Most tanks cluster in the 52 to 56 mpg range.
According to Fuelly (in my signature block) my average is a little over 55 (I didn't exactly cite it, because it will change whenever I get the bike out and fuel it again). I could easily have checked any of the blocks in the poll by "cherry-picking" the one I wanted. Perhaps I, too, could be a proud member of the Liar's Club.

If you really care, you can click on the Fuelly logo in my signature block (or the one in several other signature blocks) and review each recorded mpg. You can also see what happened when I tried the "white spacer modification" and why I put the spacer back in. By the way, I have no idea what jets may be in my carburetor. The bike is box stock, purchased new from a local dealer. I have removed the cover over the pilot screw and played with the adjustment, but couldn't really notice any difference. My bike has never backfired on shut-down, and only backfires on deceleration infrequently.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:18:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rejetting That Works

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.