Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New rear signals, LED markers, etc. (Read 339 times)
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
New rear signals, LED markers, etc.
02/22/10 at 10:24:00

Well, we finally installed my new rear turn signals!  YAY!!!  Ended up drilling holes in the fender for them, but I am happy!  I filled the original signal mounting hole with a little LED marker light like this one, only I used amber:  http://glo-brite.com/heavy_duty/part.cfm?part_id=E85F93EB-9C49-30D1-4C4307AC7...  Them suckers is brite!!  We wired them in with the rear turn signals.  They fit right in the hole, and we just added a little silicone from the inside to hold them still, but will still be able to remove them if ever necessary.

Also got a new license plate frame.  Going to add "babyhog" or maybe "piglet" to the flat surface on the plate, when I get a chance.
Now if we can just get another pretty day to ride, I'm ready!!   What do you think??

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: New rear signals, LED markers, etc.
Reply #1 - 02/22/10 at 14:49:50

Very nice Piglet,...  I have those same lights, only with red lenses for rear running lights...  Wink

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #2 - 02/22/10 at 16:50:43

Piglet your rear end is looking nice Grin
Cool idea with the marker lights in the old mounting holes.
I've got the same lights with red. They are bright and have worked well for years, you should have good luck with them.

Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #3 - 02/22/10 at 17:17:30

Where do ya get the blinkers... not the ones that go in the old holes....
Those would look good mounted to my Luggage rack

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
WoodLark
YaBB Newbies

Earth is the insane
asylum of the
universe!

South Carolina, USA
Reply #4 - 02/22/10 at 18:35:08

kel30734,

That luggage rack is definitely unique!  Smiley

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #5 - 02/22/10 at 18:46:45

Awesome job Piglett!  I especially like the idea of the side marker lights, I'll have to remember that. Wink

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 02/23/10 at 05:20:07

kel30734 wrote on 02/22/10 at 17:17:30:
Where do ya get the blinkers... not the ones that go in the old holes....
Those would look good mounted to my Luggage rack
http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009%5C02%5C09%5Cbikepics-1565909-800.jpg

Thanks guys!   Good one Bigzuk   Wink

Kel, these would look good on your rack!  I got them on Ebay cheap!  $12.85 for 2 + s/h.  I was skeptical because they were inexpensive, but they are very nice.  Lights could be a little brighter, but overall, a great deal IMO.    
The seller "endofthelinecs" has a few different combo deals -- 2 red/2 amber/2 of each/4 red/4 amber/ and he has a listing with a mounting bar too.   http://shop.ebay.com/endofthelinecs/m.html?_nkw=bullet+signals&_sacat=0&_trks...  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #7 - 02/23/10 at 19:27:59

Very nice,  Those are the same signals I put on my S50.  I also removed the tail light and replaced the license light with a combination tail/brake/license light.  Then I put a tool bag over the holes from the stock tail light.

I just did the tail lights on my Savage too.  I wanted a bobber look with a little storage so I bolted a couple of tool bags right to the fender then I mounted some $3.29 marker lights into the bags and wired them as turn signals.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #8 - 02/28/10 at 03:24:26

Hey Piglett, Great job on the bike gal. I can't wait to hear of your adventures when your able to get it out on the road.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #9 - 03/08/10 at 08:29:55

That's a nice, clean look, Piglett.  Great job.  I like the classic look of those rear turn signals.

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #10 - 04/07/10 at 21:19:32

the turn signals are non-led, but markers are LED.  How did they get hooked up? To the markers blink to fast?

Thanks for your help.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #11 - 04/08/10 at 05:22:07

Tiefighterpilot wrote on 04/07/10 at 21:19:32:
the turn signals are non-led, but markers are LED.  How did they get hooked up? To the markers blink to fast?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the turn signals are non-LED and the marker lights are LED.  My hubby spliced them in together, so the marker lights act as turn signals also... they are not lit while just riding.  Only when signaling.  (so I guess they aren't really "marker" lights for me, huh)   They do not blink fast because they are only drawing power at the same time as the signals.

Someone explained in another thread how they would have to wired to actually work as marker lights, and I might re-wire at some point, but they are somewhat hidden by my saddlebags anyway, so its probably not worth the hassle.  

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #12 - 04/08/10 at 07:19:07

Thank you.  Cant wait to mody bike. Smiley

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 08:22:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New rear signals, LED markers, etc.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.