Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
working bobber wiring diagram (Read 695 times)
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
working bobber wiring diagram
02/17/10 at 18:45:45

Here's a wiring diagram that I've successfully used on my bike:

Here's just some proof of the system working and an example of a simple way to operate the decomp:

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z4OG5/hash/7qkbs3nb.swf?v=1250113050349&ev=0

Pictures and captions of the wiring setup
I mounted the starter relay and the fuse box on opposite sides of a plate.  

The red cable on the lower left connects to the battery.  The red wire on the upper left runs around the plate to the fuse box.  

The exposed brass contact nub on the top left of the relay is what you connect to the starter button.  Current flowing to this contact activates the starter relay.  

Next to it is the plastic plug with a black wire.  This is the ground of the relay activation loop.

The black sheathed cable with the red tape on the ends is the starter cable.  This connects to the terminal of the starter.

Spliced with this cable is a small black wire.  This connects to the electronic ignition unit.  When the relay is activated, a charge is sent to the unit to change the timing of the spark.

Reverse side of the plate:

Confusing jumble of wires:

The plate mounted.  It is important to make sure there is adequate metal-to-metal contact between the plate and the frame.  I sanded the frame down to metal where the plate touches.

« Last Edit: 06/26/10 at 16:38:40 by Bobbert »  

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
majic
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: working bobber wiring diagram
Reply #1 - 02/21/10 at 09:59:10

hi, what about decompression system?

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/22/10 at 07:10:32

Manual, most likely. A small lever and cable.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 02/22/10 at 13:46:20

I'd reccomend a 10amp fuse on the lighting circuit out of the switch.

WWW   IP Logged
lastchancevegas13
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/21/10 at 12:22:59

so why not run the decomp with the electronic switch? and also, do you not run the regulater rectifier at all? more details would help out alot

IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #5 - 01/02/11 at 11:09:50

It's been a while since I've been on here.  

I'm gonna do a better write-up of everything with a how-to on how to do it. Hopefully it'll help people like me who started out knowing absolutely nothing about wiring.

As for decomp: All you need to do is replace the cable mechanism with some kind of lever.  For starters, you can take a 12mm wrench and put it over the end of the decomp and push it forward for a moment while you hit the starter.  

I'm going the extra step to make a permanent lever.  I used the old cable plate as a template to cut a notch in a flat metal bar.  It took a few attempts to get the angle right, round off the bottom so it clears the top of the engine, and to get a notch made for the return spring.  I bent the end of the lever to a 90 degree angle and I'm going to cover it with a wood sleeve to allow you to touch it and not burn your hand after running the bike.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 01:01:13

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › working bobber wiring diagram

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.