Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
No Riding Battery Question (Read 439 times)
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: No Riding Battery Question
Reply #30 - 02/13/10 at 00:57:38

when thump thump thump changes to GRRRRRRRRR - that, my friend is fast idle  Wink

IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Reply #31 - 02/18/10 at 15:54:08

Got a Battery Tender Jr. and installed it today.  Little fussy getting the terminals but it finally went in OK.  I put the end of the pig tail in the tool box.  I got it all put back together and it all went fine.  

Then the problem.  When I went to push it back into the garage, it would not roll smoothly.  I rocked it back and forth a little, and a bolt about 2" long fell out from where it had apparently been sitting on the belt.  With it out, the bike rolled, but there was a grinding sound from the front pulley.  I pulled the cover off, and there was a little bend in the out side edge of the pulley, and it was dragging on a couple places on the inside of the cover.   A little tapping with the small brass hammer, and it now clears everything, and rolls smoothly.  

My problem is I have no idea where the bolt came from!!  Whatever it was holding must have at least one other bolt in it, because I can't find anything loose.  The only thing I was working on was the battery, and there does not appear to be anything missing or loose there. Any Ideas where else I might look?

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #32 - 02/18/10 at 22:16:05

Well,.......maybe I would just make sure that it isn't one that holds the pulley onto the bike, or anything else kinda important like that Cheesy

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Reply #33 - 02/19/10 at 17:37:19

Good News, I took it by my local bike repair shop and they took a look at it for me.  They said it looks like a tank bolt, and they can see a new bolt in place.  It looks like somewhere in it's past, somebody had the tank off, and dropped a bolt where they could not get to it, and replaced it.  It jst picked this time to drop out.  Guess it's a good thing it decided to drop out when I was pushing it rather than riding.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:23:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No Riding Battery Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.