Send Topic Print
Rattle Can Paint Job (Read 169 times)
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rattle Can Paint Job
02/06/10 at 13:26:23

Many of you have asked to see pictures of my finished tank. I have completed the painting with the exception of the rear fender,(I have yet to decide how, or if I will bob it).
These pictures were taken at Popago Park here in Phoenix where the temperature is currently 70 degrees.
If you look at them "full screen"you can arrow back and forth through the images.

http://picasaweb.google.com/crutcher.john/RattleCanPaintJob?feat=directlink

I have painted more than one bike in my day, but I wanted to show what can be one on a very tight budget using off the shelf products. All the paint products are from Rustoleum and were purchased at my local Lowes lumber store. I used about six feet of gold pin stripping tape that was left over from a past job, and I used quality painter's masking tape. I also purchased two sheets of plastic frisket from my local art supply store. The total cost was about $50.00.
Some of you have commented on the skill or talent needed to do this quality of work? It is as simple as painting by the numbers. The most difficult part was cutting out the letters, and that job could be done by most ten year old kids. If any of you are interested in doing something like this, feel free to contact me and I will walk you through the steps. All it takes is time and elbow grease.

Everyone seems to like the different textures between the rough tank and fender and the gloss side panels. What do you think?
John Boy

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Rattle Can Paint Job
Reply #1 - 02/06/10 at 13:41:17

Just way too cool. I couldnt hack that fender yet. I like the look of bobbers, but you can bob it any time. Id be tempted to paint the fender & see how it looks. Might just be nice enough to leave alone. What kind of stuff do you haul on your bike? Run errands & carry stuff, thats nearly every time I get on it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SmilinLDR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lakewood, CO
Reply #2 - 02/06/10 at 17:46:49

Love it! Consider posting the steps involved into the tech section.

IP Logged
FrankYoungWolf

Living The Life!!

Ocala, Fl.
Reply #3 - 02/07/10 at 12:47:30

WOW !! that is one awesome job! Very impressive, That my friend is a unique look.

And I will show you something different from either Your shadow at
morning striding behind you Or your shadow at evening rising to meet
you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-- T.S. Eliot
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #4 - 02/07/10 at 18:02:28

Wicked Pissah! I suck at paint, always rushing and srewing up, but I endeavor to do as nice as yours someday.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:30:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rattle Can Paint Job

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.