Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Flaw in OEM pillow seats (Read 146 times)
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Flaw in OEM pillow seats
02/06/10 at 08:32:14

Last week I was looking at OEM pillow gel seats on Ebay as the prices are being advertised at anywhere from 30% to 60% off suggested retail. (Things have since changed so I can't get one anyway) but one thing I have noticed and confirmed with the sellers is that on most, there is an obvious flaw in the leather that runs the full length of the left side of the passenger seat just below the top seam. I've asked if it's a matter of stretching the leather but was told it looked like a real flaw. It appears on numerous seats. If you're thinking of buying watch out for this as most come with no warranty or exchange. If it doesn't bother you could steal one of these at a great price.  

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
siriusjoe

Chicago, IL
Re: Flaw in OEM pillow seats
Reply #1 - 02/26/10 at 19:49:57

I just bought the seat in the picture above.  Won it on Ebay for $120.   It's brand new, still has the factory tags on it.  Installed it on the wife's S40 about an hour ago.

The flaw you see in the picture is almost invisible in real life.  It appears to be some kind of seam in the foam underneath the cover, maybe.  It's not a flaw in the covering itself, and wifey didn't even notice it until I pointed it out under a bright light.

Don't let this stop you from buying one of these seats if you can get a good price.

The seat looks and feels a lot better than the 2006 stocker, but I won't be able to give a ride report until the snow and ice outside goes away.   Sad

Joe

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Flaw in OEM pillow seats
Reply #2 - 02/27/10 at 03:59:56

Mine looks the same and never saw it til Mr Hyde mention it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:29:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Flaw in OEM pillow seats

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.