Send Topic Print
Three Wheel Options? (Read 526 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Three Wheel Options?
Reply #15 - 02/12/10 at 13:52:41

I agree with BabyHog, it is very cool that the prez of a company would sign up on a website and give some details of a product mention on said site. Once again, very cool and welcome.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Trinity Trike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 02/12/10 at 19:08:04

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 02/12/10 at 13:52:41:
I agree with BabyHog, it is very cool that the prez of a company would sign up on a website and give some details of a product mention on said site. Once again, very cool and welcome.

Thanks to you both ... but keep in mind that I'm only the President because my partner didn't want the job and that my other functions are bookeeper and shipping clerk!! Grin  Grin  Grin

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #17 - 02/12/10 at 19:11:05

Trinity Trike wrote on 02/12/10 at 19:08:04:
Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 02/12/10 at 13:52:41:

Thanks to you both ... but keep in mind that I'm only the President because my partner didn't want the job and that my other functions are bookeeper and shipping clerk!! Grin  Grin  Grin

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Ain't that how most company presidents get the job? LOL

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #18 - 02/14/10 at 05:01:38

Thanks Bob for taking the time to share some info with us. It is nice to know you care so much that we have the right info for perhaps future business dealings.
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
Trinity Trike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 02/15/10 at 09:49:58

kimchris1 wrote on 02/14/10 at 05:01:38:
Thanks Bob for taking the time to share some info with us. It is nice to know you care so much that we have the right info for perhaps future business dealings.

Thanks all of you for the kind words!! In return, let me do something for the gang here.  

As you may know, at the present time all of our conversions are all made to order.  Since I have a Savage project that looks like it is about to begin, I'll tell you what I'm going to do.  Anyone from this forum who wants to trike their bike right now can take advantage the "economy of scale" that I can get from the vendors by doing mulitiple units at once.

Therefore for the rest of this week, I'll guarantee a minimum of a full 10% discount from the regular project cost, and if perchance there's more than just one or two, it could top out at 15% off!  If you are interested drop me an email at sales@TheTrinityTrike.com and I'll work up the numbers for you.  

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #20 - 02/15/10 at 17:11:48

Trinity Trike wrote on 02/15/10 at 09:49:58:
kimchris1 wrote on 02/14/10 at 05:01:38:

Thanks all of you for the kind words!! In return, let me do something for the gang here.  

As you may know, at the present time all of our conversions are all made to order.  Since I have a Savage project that looks like it is about to begin, I'll tell you what I'm going to do.  Anyone from this forum who wants to trike their bike right now can take advantage the "economy of scale" that I can get from the vendors by doing mulitiple units at once.

Therefore for the rest of this week, I'll guarantee a minimum of a full 10% discount from the regular project cost, and if perchance there's more than just one or two, it could top out at 15% off!  If you are interested drop me an email at sales@TheTrinityTrike.com and I'll work up the numbers for you.  

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

You know what would be cool to see? A pictorial progression of a Savage project for your trike kit.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #21 - 02/16/10 at 02:30:58

As a European, I've often mused at trikes - I remember them as a kid with chopper forks and VW engines...
Cool
Europeans have taked a completely different route with a siamesed front wheel, such as Piaggio's MP3

I like Bob Witte's trike, but have a few concerns.
Where is the rear brake disc bolted? Is it bolted to the rear drive belt pulley? Is there a differential? Is it bolted to a halfshaft?

Roll Eyes
Also, I find the rear wheels ... "fat". This is, of course, a "European" thing, but as the Savage only has a mere 32bhp (at full throttle) how many bhp will I have at cruising speed, say 60mph =3800rpm? 20-23 bhp?
Would that kind of horsepower be enough to push such fat tires at 60mph without being detrimental to engine efficiency and fuel mileage ?
Would 165x15 "Old Beetle" tires do the job adequately ?

Now, for the nice bits  Smiley

Any chance of having "twin trunks" in place of the saddle bags?
Any chance of a nice, 10 gal. fuel tank on one side, so that the "old tank" can be converted into a handy place to store things, like a glove compartment?

Last...
I can imagine... a trike conversion, 10 gal. fuel tank, twin trunks, and "ride around the world" at the base of the windscreen!
Cool if only... Cool
PS don't forget that LSD !!! (differential)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Trinity Trike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 02/16/10 at 03:01:20

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 02/15/10 at 17:11:48:

You know what would be cool to see? A pictorial progression of a Savage project for your trike kit.

No problem -- in fact, it's a great idea!  I have my digital camera all charged up and ready to go.  Order up a conversion on your Savage and I'll click away!  Grin

Actually, a Sportster build done a few months ago in Canada was pretty much covered that way.  In this case the owner had a number of rather interesting mods done (an electric shifter for example).  And there are a lot of similarities between the S40 and the HD build.  So until the next in house Savage project I can document in detail comes along, this will have to do ....

http://www.phoenixcycle.com/projects/3trike.htm

Enjoy!!

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

IP Logged
Trinity Trike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 02/16/10 at 03:39:17

mpescatori wrote on 02/16/10 at 02:30:58:
<snip> ... I like Bob Witte's trike, but have a few concerns.
Where is the rear brake disc bolted? Is it bolted to the rear drive belt pulley? Is there a differential? Is it bolted to a halfshaft?

Also, I find the rear wheels ... "fat". This is, of course, a "European" thing, but as the Savage only has a mere 32bhp (at full throttle) how many bhp will I have at cruising speed, say 60mph =3800rpm? 20-23 bhp?

Would that kind of horsepower be enough to push such fat tires at 60mph without being detrimental to engine efficiency and fuel mileage? Would 165x15 "Old Beetle" tires do the job adequately ?

Now, for the nice bits  Smiley

Any chance of having "twin trunks" in place of the saddle bags? Any chance of a nice, 10 gal. fuel tank on one side, so that the "old tank" can be converted into a handy place to store things, like a glove compartment?

Last ... I can imagine... a trike conversion, 10 gal. fuel tank, twin trunks, and "ride around the world" at the base of the windscreen!

Cool if only... Cool

PS don't forget that LSD !!! (differential)

All Trinity Trikes have a full automotive style differential of our own design and manufacture (i.e. NOT a used or rebuilt unit from a car).  This means both wheels can turn at different rates in the corners -- a must for good handling!  We use a Formula 1 centerline design model with differential itself in the middle, the drive pulley on the left side and the brake disk on the right.  

That drive train assembly is sandwiched between two 40mm steel tube axles (again, designed and made by Trinity, not rebuilt from salvage parts) that ride on six double row sealed bearings each of which are rated for over 40,000 lbs of static load!  Since each of conversions share commonality of design, poke around our website (link is beneath my signature below) and there are any number of close ups of the rear drive assembly.

Our assembly is so light that even on the many "weak sister" 250cc conversions we have done, they have no great struggle to run at highway speeds.  I know from actually doing it that the Savage trike runs smooth and steady at "careless driving" over the legal limits!  We've already addressed the MPG's in this thread, so no need to repeat here.

Next, at The Trinity Trike, tires & wheels are always user optional.  The 195's shown on the yellow S40 aren't all that "fat", but we usually recommend 175 or 185's on that type of ride.  I think the white one also pictured on our site had the 175's.  To me, thinner is better, but to a lot of my fellow Americans, "size matters" when it comes to equipment!

As far as trunks & tanks, the simplicy of the Trinity conversion allows you to run wild with whatever customizations you want to do.  Go for it!!  We're ready when you are (and don't forget this week's special!)

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:14:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Three Wheel Options?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.