Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NOOBIE's first pos-rubber hoses from carb off-d'oh (Read 73 times)
thanks4thefish42
YaBB Newbies

I thump therefore I
am

NOOBIE's first pos-rubber hoses from carb off-d'oh
01/30/10 at 19:22:42

Duh, dooh, ah you get the idea. Brand new owner here. Actually my wife picked it out. It died today and would not start. Assuming the carb was gunked I attacked it with Gumout and a prayer. Still would not start. Dragging the battery down with it....got a charger and pulled the tank. Then I see the line from the back of the fuel switch is off......hey...put it back on and Vrooommmm. Happy wife.....she has her eye on my Shadow 750 I know it......What a great bike to run around on. Tomorrow were going on an EPIC RIDE- 75 miles and back......I got some nice Wingerline crash bars and a nice windsheild for it....pearl white looks nice.......It had only 2000 miles so I changed the oil. Thanks to who ever put the pdf owners manual on here....Oil filter was marked "changed sept 2005" well I guess I was the first. Used Rotella 15-40W- good old school oil that won't make the clutch slip...hey a good gas tires and oil thread started, on no......Just had to post and say this is a great little bike......

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: NOOBIE's first pos-rubber hoses from carb off-
Reply #1 - 01/30/10 at 19:53:21

2,000 miles? If the oil was from 2005, then the tires are old, even if they have good tread. Tubes are just as old. One going away on a 75 mile trip could get you stranded at best, hurt real bad is a possible. If it was mine, Id give it a good going over & ride around close to home a while before I took off too far, but then, Im old.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 05:19:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › NOOBIE's first pos-rubber hoses from carb off-d'oh

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.