Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Tell Me If This Is Nuts (Read 638 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Tell Me If This Is Nuts
Reply #30 - 02/06/10 at 04:45:27

IDK what kind of wood working tools you have on hand, but some router work might be nice & considering all the effort to make the mount be wood for the eye to see, Im kinda surprised you didnt set the ends of the bolts deep enough to run plugs into those holes & cover the bolts up. To my eye, the mount is just too bulky ( dare I say "blocky"?) on such a small built bike & a smaller mount, generally, would have been more eye appealing, BUT, all that said, that is some solid work & the thing is, how YOU feel when you look at it & you know you solved your problems in a way that makes you happy. I would have leaned toward some skeletonized aluminum bracket, trying to make it the smallest part I could build that would have held the GPS &, I guess, thats a 12 volt plug?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Re: Tell Me If This Is Nuts
Reply #31 - 02/07/10 at 05:36:35

Yeah, the size of the 12v socket helped dictate the size.  I wanted the socket up top rather than down on the frame somewhere, so I needed some size to be high and long enough to support the socket and whatever plug is in it.  Plus, once I decided to put the S on the front, it needed to be big enough to see.  I also convinced myself that the mass of he wood might dampen the vibration.

I agree with you on the bolt/nuts.  I may go back and change that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:18:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tell Me If This Is Nuts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.