Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
LED glow lights (Read 206 times)
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
LED glow lights
01/15/10 at 08:20:24

I am planning to add some Green LED lights to the bike and wondered what would be the best place to hook in to the bike... there will be two small LED lights around engine area in safe spot..
I thought about hooking into headlight but unsure of right wire to tap into ... or tapping into back running light but there again unsure of which wire is the right one?
Didnt know if there was anyone else out there that has done such?
thanks

2003  Savage

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: LED glow lights
Reply #1 - 01/15/10 at 08:45:41

Check out this older post from "groupus" he did the led lights on his and I think it looks awesome. Too bad my state outlaws the use of many of the available colors  Angry

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1248802832/9#9

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #2 - 01/15/10 at 08:56:27

Right on that is beautiful... I am using a green light instead of the blue... I do have the blue ones like that in my 76 vw bus though Wink ...

I also love night photography~!~

By this picture i guess it kinda answers my question also..
I can see where he has his mounted is right above the battery...
i could wire it to there with a toggle... but i really would like for them to come on when the lights do so maybe thats how he has it wired?

i will look more into it Thanks... Beautiful Pic

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 01/15/10 at 09:32:16

I would wire it either with the license plate lite or the running lites up front.
Wouldn't bother to switch it, LED's don't usually draw much current to worry about.

Think you'll need to play with position.
But regarding pic, looks great, would like to see one ahead of the engine to lite it up.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 01/15/10 at 10:20:58

I think I'd go up under the seat, right at the ignition switch coupling...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #5 - 01/15/10 at 12:41:14

You can do any front end wiring from the headlight. All front lights are connected there. Black with white stripe is always ground. That only leaves 2 colors for the run/turn for each side and 2 for the head/high. If you srip a little insul off the end of your wirs and push it into the connector to the metal, you can tell which is which by running the switches. Be sure to ground your LED. Also LEDs are poliarity sensitive. I have the wire colors for my '98 written down on paper inside the headlight.   Smiley

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #6 - 01/15/10 at 15:35:54

I just checked with my friend the police chief in a small town here in Minn. He says the lights are 100% legal - as long as the bike is parked. And here I was getting all excited to get going with an orange/yellow color scheme to match my powder coat finish color. Alas and woe is me,

Jack

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #7 - 01/15/10 at 19:48:17

u can get the ones i have, they are little pods, have stickies on the back and their own wires that hook to the battery....mine are purple....green is too popular and red and blue are for the cops....

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #8 - 01/16/10 at 04:24:05

thanks everyone i am going to see what i can do later today when back home.. i am actually going with green because of the teal green colors in the bike.. i have redid my gas tank and two side panels though and they look really good as well as  the green color is going to really stand out at you at night.. pop so to speak... i am doing this for safety reasons along with of course looks... will post pics tomorrow if possible.. thanks

Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #9 - 01/16/10 at 09:21:40

One more thought. As long as you can only have them on while parked. There is a spot (all the way down) on the ignition switch that you can turn the key to that only puts on your tail lights. That would be a good place to hook them to.  Smiley

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #10 - 01/16/10 at 14:15:46

they are on and look really good..
I will take a pic later on it is raining right now and cant get the bike out to take pics..
i used four and i ran them easily together into the license plate wireing that was readily available at the back of bike..
1st at top of front wheel
2nd in front top of engine
3rd in front of battery
4th i shoved through the rubber grommet above back tire where license plate wiring goes through to plate.

I am confused now though and didnt want to post some wheres else to make a new thread but
the light next to neutral light on the instrument panel is not showing and i cant find it in the manual?
what is it? i could of swore it was coming on when i would turn key to crank? maybe not? hmmm
oil light maybe?
i cant remember its been so long since i got to ride i been working on this bike for while now..
this was happening before the led's were installed also...? i looked when i took tank back off I didnt see any cut wire?
i also made sure and plugged the plug in to instrument panel real good this time also and still no red light? hmmm

thanks

Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 01/16/10 at 16:31:32

hi-beam?.... Huh

Sorry wrong... I don't think it does anything... Tongue

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 01/16/10 at 16:44:34

GrateFuLDad wrote on 01/16/10 at 14:15:46:
I am confused now though and didnt want to post some wheres else to make a new thread but the light next to neutral light on the instrument panel is not showing and i cant find it in the manual?
what is it? i could of swore it was coming on when i would turn key to crank? maybe not? hmmm
oil light maybe?
i cant remember its been so long since i got to ride i been working on this bike for while now..
this was happening before the led's were installed also...? i looked when i took tank back off I didnt see any cut wire?
i also made sure and plugged the plug in to instrument panel real good this time also and still no red light? hmmm

thanks

If you had an '86, it was a kickstand light.
not used since

WWW   IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #13 - 01/16/10 at 17:06:54

2003 savage... surely its something but what?   still searching?

thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #14 - 01/16/10 at 17:17:30

GrateFuLDad wrote on 01/16/10 at 17:06:54:
2003 savage... surely its something but what?   still searching?

nuttin there
i took the speedo apart on my 06 to install a indicator lite to tell me when the amp was on no go..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:24:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LED glow lights

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.