Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Where did you ride today? (Read 1339 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: Where did you ride today?
Reply #90 - 03/04/10 at 03:44:31

Not much interesting, but at least I took her (the bike Roll Eyes) out last night.  Made a run to Krispy Kreme, had some coupons about to expire.  Mostly it was just to see if she'd still run after I tore everything off the top to check the valves, and put it back together.  It did, woohoo! Grin
And the doughnuts were awesome.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #91 - 03/04/10 at 09:17:39

I do believe I will be riding to work tonight. Supposed to be near 70 today with tonight's low of 37. Yep, that will do nicely for ride to work.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #92 - 03/05/10 at 18:48:51

Went on a ncie ride today. It was soo  sunny and beautiful.. I rode over to have my nails done, gal said about a 40 min wait. Asked me if that was ok? I said great as could do some riding.. Soo took a nice backroad ride and went back and nails look nice again. Total trip was about 50 miles..

Hey Piglett, sorry my scarf kept getting in your face.. hahah... Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Puddle Pirate
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Island, NY
Reply #93 - 03/06/10 at 11:56:35

Most all the snow is gone. Roads still covered in sand. Took a short hop around the neighborhood (about 10 miles) just to say I did!
First ride of the season. Everything's working fine.
Still  only 45 degrees but I hope the worst of winter is behind us ! Cheesy

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #94 - 03/06/10 at 21:31:00

Roads are now clear of snow but still lots of gravel on the sides. Went for a 50 mile round trip on the 2 lane hiway last Sunday. It's sunny and 11c during the afternoon. A touch cool but with some warm clothes it's wonderful!!! whoo hoo spring has sprung!!!!  Going for a toot tomorrow. They say it's supposed to snow on Tuesday so need to get a ride In quickly. At least now when it snows, it won't stay around for long.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #95 - 03/07/10 at 07:29:39

Myself along with a couple friends went on a great ride yesterday. I took them along the way my hubby and I ventured a couple weeks ago. My trip was 120 miles and by the time they got back home they had riden over 200.  Weather was sooo great as 62 and sun so bright. colder temps and rain are in the forecast for the week ahead.
Lots of bikes out and a couple staters, no bikes pulled over at least not along our route.   Smiley

IP Logged
sport tour
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #96 - 03/07/10 at 18:08:40

Tossed the wife on back of the ST1300 and zipped out to kings mtn state park. It an historic REV war battle ground. Nice little afternoon trip. Im about to teach my son how to ride on the savage. I think it will make a great first bike for him. The wife has an 09 ex 500 ninja and my son wants it. Ha!!! Thats not gonna happen.  Grin

IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Reply #97 - 03/07/10 at 19:36:56

absolutely beautiful day in el paso, tx. i rode for two hours all around the city. along the base of the franklin mountains, into mckelligon canyon, through downtown, down i-10, really just all over. it was great. it's raining now. i love my savage. i just think about turning and it turns i really dont have to move anything.

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #98 - 03/08/10 at 04:33:00

I have a meeting and some visits to make at the hospital in Greenville, about 35 miles one way.  It is supposed to be 65 today, but it is starting out well below that, 36 right now.  I know that is far from what others experience.  I can put on enough clothes to keep warm.

I did the cam chain and tensioner last week and took a couple of rides around here.  With the eastern NC weather getting right (maybe 70 later in the week) I am ready to park the truck and get back on the bike.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #99 - 03/08/10 at 04:49:40

I went out for a little ride yesterday. 1st time this year. It was about 55 degrees and the roads are dry. The only problem is all the sand on the road. I dealt with that okay. I took a ride to my mom's camp to check out any storm damage from the winter and found most of the beach washed away. There is a little brook that runs along side the building and overflowed its banks and took most of the beach with it. So I guess I'll be spending next weekend with a shovel and wheelbarrow trying to get the sand back where it belongs before they close the dam(they drop the water level in the lake every winter). Oh well, it gives me something to do.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #100 - 03/08/10 at 05:36:57

Like for AL, it was about 55 or so here yesterday, cold in the morning, so we waited until afternoon to venture out, but YAAAYYYYYY, first ride of 2010 is done!  It was brisk, but sunny, so we didn't put on the chaps.  Tops of my thighs were the only thing that got a little cold, and chaps would have solved that.  Only rode about 30 miles, stopped for a bite to eat and just took a leasurely ride, just to be riding!  It rained last night, so hopefully that will wash more of the grit off the road!!  Today is supposed to be nice and tomorrow is predicted over 70°.  Dodging the potholes was easier than I expected.  Can hardly miss them in the cage, but piglet did great!  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #101 - 03/08/10 at 14:19:04

Almost went out today....GRRRRRRRRR....still too dam cold. We're supposed to get up in the mid 40's this next week. Personally, I like it 60 and up.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #102 - 03/08/10 at 19:13:05

Me too Drums 60 and up

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #103 - 03/08/10 at 20:10:13

Well, it kissed 70 degrees today and I put both the bikes out on the road for short store trips.

Spent time putting air in tires, and fiddling with them a bit making sure they are ready for the real season which will start in a few weeks.  Amazing how much air you lose in a front tire over the winter time.

Tomorrow it hits 70-75 degrees with lows in the mid thirties for the rest of the week.

Cherry trees have busted out in glorious white blossoms, daffodils are up and making heads, robins are out pulling up worms, grass is showing green on the roadsides, red bud trees are shagging out some little green leaves.

Pre-spring in the south in other words.

Jest enough of the good stuff to get your spring fever cranked up really good for when the next sleet & ice storm hits us and puts us back into nasty old winter time.

Hey, I didn't get sick at all this past winter !!!

Amazing !!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #104 - 03/08/10 at 21:48:25

I hope you didn't see your shadow.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:21:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where did you ride today?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.