Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
Where did you ride today? (Read 1339 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: Where did you ride today?
Reply #60 - 02/15/10 at 17:03:33

Hubby and I were able to take our bikes on about a 30 mile round trip today. We had gret riding weather after the day started off very foggy. Had a great early supper and rode back home. I am hoping the temps stay in the mid 50's all week like forecasted. I can ride to work a couple nights possilbly.. Piglet be ready I will be coming by to pick you up.............O and my new pink coat and boots match your pink snout..hahahha..

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #61 - 02/16/10 at 04:32:35

I finally got out yesterday (Mon) for 20 miles, first time in a month and 1/2. I thought 60 degrees was comfortable w/o dressing like an Eskimo, but I found it to be quite chilly yet. But it was great to get out on 2 wheels again. I just rode some back roads here in Dillard OR.
And the bike,....took a minute longer to get her fired, but,....once warmed up a bit, run like a house a fire Shocked. I am always impressed how good it runs, especially after the spacer mod.
And HP ?? When I cobb the throttle thru 3 rd & 4 th gear, my heart can thump too ! Grin

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #62 - 02/17/10 at 01:53:35

Broke into the low 60° range today (yesterday looking at my clock!), so took my baby into town, and topped off the tank, and went for a spin around town.  Stopped to visit a guy I used to work with for a while, and didn't get left until well after dark.  Not in the 60's anymore, brrr! Sad  On the upside, I found someone willing to go riding with me so I can get used to having a passenger.  His daughter said she'd be more than happy to ride along, so we're going to look at helmets tomorrow (I've got a coupon! Cheesy) at CycleGear.  I figure she'll be a good test subject, since despite being over 5' 5", she probably doesn't weigh over 90 lbs, so there's not a lot of weight there to throw me off.  Anyway, any suggestions from any of you seasoned 2-uppers on advice I can give her (aside from "lean as I lean!), and stuff I should know too? Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #63 - 02/17/10 at 03:49:03

I found you don't want the passenger to lean it will throw you off on what your doing.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #64 - 02/17/10 at 05:48:56

bill67 wrote on 02/17/10 at 03:49:03:
  I found you don't want the passenger to lean it will throw you off on what your doing.

Good point, thanks for the advice.  I've already told her she doesn't want to be moving around much.  Plus she's almost literally a toothpick, so I guess if she does, hopefully it won't throw me off much.  I plan on starting out on the back roads I cut my riding teeth on, almost all 45 mph and lower, and little traffic, so pretty learner friendly.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #65 - 02/17/10 at 06:00:06

I have rode double many years, and if the passenger didn't act (move) as if they were part of the bike itself, (including lean when I lean) they didn't ride w/ me anymore,......and they still won't.
But I have found that most all passengers cooperate and adapt quite quickly.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #66 - 02/17/10 at 06:03:23

Routy you are totally wrong,Don't give bad advise here

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #67 - 02/17/10 at 06:52:02

Sorry Bill, but I agree with Routy. Riding with a passenger requires some degree of cooperation. Adding 90, 150, or 200 of weight to the back of the bike affects the handling and will require some assistance from the passenger. Best that I've found is to just have them tuck in close to you and then they tend to move the way that you do.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #68 - 02/17/10 at 17:44:05

EJID wrote on 02/17/10 at 06:52:02:
Sorry Bill, but I agree with Routy. Riding with a passenger requires some degree of cooperation. Adding 90, 150, or 200 of weight to the back of the bike affects the handling and will require some assistance from the passenger. Best that I've found is to just have them tuck in close to you and then they tend to move the way that you do.

Grin  Sorry to get a spat going in here.  The "tuck in close" is about the best sounding advice yet (partially because she's a cutie! Cheesy), and makes sense.
Ok, everyone, back to your ride tales.  Just a jaunt around town today, nothing exciting.  Well, I should say nothing out of the ordinary, riding's always exciting! Cool

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #69 - 02/18/10 at 05:27:00

EJID wrote on 02/17/10 at 06:52:02:

So you would have trouble handling with a lot of weight in saddlebags,because the saddlebag wouldn't be assistancing you at all.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Spiff
2005 No Login

Your favorite band
sucks!

In the Spiff Bunker
Reply #70 - 02/18/10 at 10:02:20

I'm not riding today, as I live in Minnesota and the bike's still in winter storage.

But on my drive home yesterday, I saw a scooter in the oncoming lane.  Shocked

This was a on a semi-major city street that had been cleaned of snow fairly well by the plows, and that, plus a sunny and above-freezing day yesterday meant the road was snow and ice free (but wet).

But residential streets here in St. Paul still have snow/ice on them, so it will be a while before I take my bike out (but maybe later this month, or early March, for sure).

"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them."
WWW   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #71 - 02/18/10 at 10:34:50

bill67 wrote on 02/18/10 at 05:27:00:
So you would have trouble handling with a lot of weight in saddlebags,because the saddlebag wouldn't be assistancing you at all.

The difference with the weight in the saddlebags is
1 - not many people carry over 100# in their saddlebags
2 - the saddlebags are lower than the seat (lower center of gravity), therefore they don't affect the handling as much as a person on the back (unless you are willing to put 100# in 1 side and nothing in the other!)

With that, I have nothing more to add.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #72 - 02/18/10 at 11:19:41

I'll forgive you guys for your inexperience of riding double.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Stones

Married to a Texan

United Kingdom
Reply #73 - 02/18/10 at 13:04:53

Quote:
Where did you ride today?

No where ... been asleep all day again and now its time for work ... ahh its snowing again  Lips Sealed

Note to self get a day job  Roll Eyes

ALLIANCE MEMBER
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #74 - 02/18/10 at 23:20:14

Stones wrote on 02/18/10 at 13:04:53:
Quote:
Where did you ride today?

No where ... been asleep all day again and now its time for work ... ahh its snowing again  Lips Sealed

Note to self get a day job  Roll Eyes

Bah, day jobs are overrated.  Thanks to all the vampire movies, gals dig the pasty look.... don't they???  That's what I keep telling myself anyway, as I work the 6pm - 6am shift. Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:49:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where did you ride today?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.