Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Where did you ride today? (Read 1339 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Where did you ride today?
Reply #30 - 01/14/10 at 13:00:14

serenity3743 wrote on 01/14/10 at 12:33:40:
babyhog wrote on 01/14/10 at 11:51:10:
serenity3743 wrote on 01/14/10 at 08:31:45:
babyhog wrote on 01/09/10 at 20:27:35:
Does riding hubby this morning count?

I sure do wish my wife still liked to "ride".   :'(

Maybe her "bike" needs a tune-up?

Her "bike" is running fine and no seafoam is required.  She says it's a changing body (i.e. menopause) thing.  She just doesn't crave the "ride" like she used to.

Friend you'll have to get used to that it doesn't get any better just worse. From experience

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 01/14/10 at 13:49:15

40*F so I took a nice hour ride around the way. Good thing too, I was starting to get antsy and winter blues-y.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #32 - 01/15/10 at 05:31:35

Was about 45° here yesterday when I got home from work, but the snow melting is making a mess of the roads and salty, salty, salty.  So I decided to just fire up the bike and listen to it purrrr in the garage.  I waited all week for yesterday, knowing it was gonna get warmer, but dammit, it didn't pan out.  Next several days aren't looking any better....   Sad

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
marotajo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 01/15/10 at 05:43:58

Rode to work this morning, it was a balmy 46 when I left the house.  It is supposed to get back up to 74 this afternoon.  Glad to see an end to this cold snap.

Mark
1995 Savage Bobber
Central FL USA

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #34 - 01/15/10 at 16:29:18

To lunch and then to Wally world in the sidecar rig. Was comfortable before moving but left the jacket liner at home. Got a long sleeved shirt at Wally's place for the trip home. Probably in the lower 70's here south of Phoenix AZ !! First time out since last Fall so the fuel is a little sputtery yet, but a couple hundred miles will fix that. Will work on that daily. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #35 - 01/15/10 at 16:53:51

It is soo nice to hear some of you are getting out and taking advantage of your nicer weather. Babyhog, don't fret too much your weather will improve like mine someday.
It has rained buckets all week here and weekend is not looking any better.

Again it is nice of those that are able to ride to let us others read of your adventures.. ; Smiley

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #36 - 01/18/10 at 19:10:18

This afternoon was sunny and 50 degrees. So I took Genie (my bike) and babyhog in Spirit out on a nice ride. We took the back roads and enjoyed a nice sunny ride.
Babyhog you need to learn not to snort so loud in my ears..hahah..
Guess even in spirit your a snorter.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #37 - 01/19/10 at 13:03:43

If it wasn't for work today, I would have loved to take a ride...49o and the sun's a shining. Weather forcasters said that it's supposed to snow all week, woke up to a skiff yesterday that melted off, and again today that melted off. We'll see how the rest of the week goes  Huh

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #38 - 01/19/10 at 19:34:44

We drove he sidecar rig across the lower Phoenix area to Chandler to see were the new oncologist office is for the appointment tomorrow. Little over and hour going and a hour coming home. Have now run the old fuel out of the tank that was in it last summer when we stopped riding it it. I used the new Sta-Bil Marine version and I recommend it as it is formulated for the alcohol fuel additive we are all dealing with. A predicted heavy rain storm chased us home but we beat the rain. I'm sure there will be some low land flooding tonight as it was pouring when we went out to get a decorator table my wife bought that was to much to haul on the sidecar rig.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #39 - 01/20/10 at 02:31:19

Took the bike out for a spin yesterday afternoon.  Already dark out, but still in the upper 40's, and the rain had let up long enough for the roads to dry out enough to not crud up my facemask with road spray.  Would've left the house earlier, but with my work shift, I don't wake up 'til early afternoon, even on my days off. Grin  Rode around town, and down into Portland, looking for a hardware store that was still open (didn't find any), to try out a brainwave I had for snazzier looking spacers for the front of my seat, instead of the nylon spacers that are too short anyway. Tongue  It was such a nice ride, I prolonged it by taking a lap on the back roads around my house, and a spin through the rich peoples country, of course being considerate not to open the pipes up (yeah right! Roll Eyes).

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #40 - 01/23/10 at 16:53:11

Today I took myself and babyhog in spirit on a nice 27 mile roundtrip ride. We had a blast in the sunshine.
Babyhog almost got us pulled over by the stater with her snorting sounds. haha..

Seriously, it was absoulutely a fabulous sunny day here after some rain earlier this a.m. I waited till the afternoon and the roads were dry.

So far this has been one of the nicest January's in a very long time here. So I have to take advantage of it.

To those of you that aren't able to ride now, your weather will get better and we will all be reading of your riding adventures as well.. Wink

IP Logged
ret cg
YaBB Newbies

riding since 1960

Lumberton,Tx
Reply #41 - 01/23/10 at 17:56:14

Nice riding today approx. 68F. Covered 135 miles in a loop with the necessary gas stop of course. Found some nice back roads around Chester, Texas.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #42 - 01/23/10 at 21:01:01

I'm sure glad my spirit was able to ride with kim because although it got a little warmer today, the roads were still wet, and the sun never came out.  Sooooo, I didn't get to ride... again.  Next several days are supposed to be colder, but I'm hanging in there, just biding my time.....  

Kim - no way would he give us a ticket!  He'd see how much fun we were having!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #43 - 01/26/10 at 15:29:39

Just got back from doing about 50 miles. Went to see my brother in the next town.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #44 - 01/26/10 at 15:37:49

From the front of my garage to the back,It was a nice ride.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 22:05:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where did you ride today?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.