Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Where did you ride today? (Read 1339 times)
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: Where did you ride today?
Reply #15 - 01/13/10 at 20:44:48

Opened the garage door, sat on the bike, looked at the slush and crap on the roads, got off the bike, closed the garage door. Gonna be a long 3 months. Sad

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #16 - 01/14/10 at 04:54:16

Well she sleeping till spring did not want to get her up you know how long they take to get ready  to go someplace, then I have her lisen to her complain its to cold the road has snow on it etc. so I will let her sleep till spring then get her up wash, oil change, maybe buy her somthing new, then take her for a nice ride. I take good care of her and she keeps going. WHY DO WE CALL THEM BY THE FEMALE GENDER?

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #17 - 01/14/10 at 08:02:07

in answer to why do we call our bikes female gender names? Is due to it takes awhile to warm (her) up. Then be ready for a ride that will make you forget all the bikes you rode before her... hahahah

Actually I named my bike after my Dad. His name was Gene and he would have been so proud of me for attaining my endorsement and achieving many goals as well. So that is how I came to call my bike Genie..  Grin

IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #18 - 01/14/10 at 08:31:45

babyhog wrote on 01/09/10 at 20:27:35:
 Does riding hubby this morning count?

I sure do wish my wife still liked to "ride".   :'(

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 01/14/10 at 11:51:10

serenity3743 wrote on 01/14/10 at 08:31:45:

Maybe her "bike" needs a tune-up?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 01/14/10 at 11:56:11

Maybe he needs to drink a can of sea foam to get things working.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #21 - 01/14/10 at 12:16:46

alcoa wrote on 01/14/10 at 04:54:16:
Well she sleeping till spring did not want to get her up you know how long they take to get ready  to go someplace, then I have her lisen to her complain its to cold the road has snow on it etc. so I will let her sleep till spring then get her up wash, oil change, maybe buy her somthing new, then take her for a nice ride. I take good care of her and she keeps going. WHY DO WE CALL THEM BY THE FEMALE GENDER?

Really.  Cars, bikes, boats.. all personified and female.  It's either a plot to make us feel guilty for "dumping" them for a better one, or a cutesy-annoyance similar to THE CLOCK.  "Yeah, she's only got 3000 miles on THE CLOCK."  An odometer measures distance not time, durr.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #22 - 01/14/10 at 12:28:29

Rode to work today and MAN WAS IT GREAT!!!

26F goin' in this morning at 5:45am. 30 minute commute.

Took a good 1/2 hr for my smile to thaw out!!!  Cheesy

Oh, andah...I just refer to the bike as..."the Bike"... Undecided

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #23 - 01/14/10 at 12:28:32

Boule’tard wrote on 01/14/10 at 12:16:46:
alcoa wrote on 01/14/10 at 04:54:16:

Really.  Cars, bikes, boats.. all personified and female.  It's either a plot to make us feel guilty for "dumping" them for a better one, or a cutesy-annoyance similar to THE CLOCK.  "Yeah, she's only got 3000 miles on THE CLOCK."  An odometer measures distance not time, durr.

Men always think women are plotting to make them feel guilty over anything.  Why is that?  Are you feeling guilty about something?
I like Kim's explanation better, but I always just figured it was because men name their "toys" more than women do, and figured it sounds less gay to give them female names...  Wouldn't you look at him funny if Bubba went to get on his bike and said "well, I'm gonna go take Bob for a spin!" ??    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #24 - 01/14/10 at 12:33:40

babyhog wrote on 01/14/10 at 11:51:10:

Her "bike" is running fine and no seafoam is required.  She says it's a changing body (i.e. menopause) thing.  She just doesn't crave the "ride" like she used to.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #25 - 01/14/10 at 12:40:55

False Illusion wrote on 01/14/10 at 12:28:29:

Wow, that's amazing.  I wouldn't last 5 minutes at 26F.   If you are at work now, at least your ride home should be substantially better!

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #26 - 01/14/10 at 12:46:26

serenity3743 wrote on 01/14/10 at 12:33:40:

Her "bike" is running fine and no seafoam is required.  She says it's a changing body (i.e. menopause) thing.  She just doesn't crave the "ride" like she used to.

Didn't mean to imply anything negative toward you... well sort of, but I was j/k.   Wink  Cool
Since you put it that way, just hang in there with her.  She'll get the urge to ride again in no time!

IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #27 - 01/14/10 at 12:48:49

babyhog wrote on 01/14/10 at 12:40:55:
False Illusion wrote on 01/14/10 at 12:28:29:

Wow, that's amazing.  I wouldn't last 5 minutes at 26F.   If you are at work now, at least your ride home should be substantially better!

Yep..36F ridin' home, Babyhog... but the sun shinin' made it feel like it was a lot warmer. LOVED it!  Cool

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #28 - 01/14/10 at 12:50:31

babyhog wrote on 01/14/10 at 12:28:32:
Men always think women are plotting to make them feel guilty over anything.  Why is that?  

Nah, the "plot" thing was more of a joke.  I don't think women are behind it.  Men tend to propagate the "her" thing most, perhaps to convey that the thing means as much to them as a woman, or that they treat the thing as well as they'd treat a girlfriend or wife.  Guys take a lot of pride in working on their cars/bikes/boats.. maybe the plot is by men to make other men feel guilty for not maintaining their stuff as well as they do.

Quote:
Are you feeling guilty about something?

Possibly.. for screwing around on the internet instead of working.  Bike-wise, I'm guilty of having too many.. it's a harem!  For shame.  Embarrassed

Quote:
I like Kim's explanation better, but I always just figured it was because men name their "toys" more than women do, and figured it sounds less gay to give them female names...  Wouldn't you look at him funny if Bubba went to get on his bike and said "well, I'm gonna go take Bob for a spin!" ??    

That's a good explanation. And women who give pet names to their things don't gender-bias to female as much as men do.  Personally the whole thing creeps me out.  I wince at my mother-in-law calling her car "Cecelia" especially now that she's about to dump it (possibly on me) because it's run into the ground after years of neglect.  It just seems totally inconsistent to name something like you would a pet, then treat it like a disposable appliance.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #29 - 01/14/10 at 12:56:59

babyhog wrote on 01/14/10 at 12:46:26:
serenity3743 wrote on 01/14/10 at 12:33:40:

Didn't mean to imply anything negative toward you... well sort of, but I was j/k.   Wink  Cool
Since you put it that way, just hang in there with her.  She'll get the urge to ride again in no time!

I shore do hope yer right, Babyhog!! Undecided

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:53:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where did you ride today?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.