Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
textured Rust-oleum: the Tank! (Read 994 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: textured Rust-oleum: the Tank!
Reply #30 - 01/24/10 at 04:08:11

Super, super job man! Can't wait to see 'er all bacl together! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 01/24/10 at 06:43:57

but as you can see rattle can will give an acceptable result if you do the needed prep work and follow the instructions on the can.

Do the needed prep work.

Prep is essential. Like the foundation on a house, done poorly, the final product will suffer.

follow the instructions on the can.

OHHHH, how Ive tried. No way do I expect to ever see such a result from my best attempts with paint. The best equipment & paint in a paint booth with a coach & I dont think I could do that.
Tho, to be fair, I will say my paint work has gotten less horrid in recent years.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #32 - 01/24/10 at 07:56:20

that looks awesome!! waaaay too nice to go on my bike!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 01/24/10 at 10:13:14

Rocco wrote on 01/24/10 at 07:56:20:
that looks awesome!! waaaay too nice to go on my bike!!

I got three different textures of paint, (four if you count gloss "and" flat), and total outlay is under $50.00.  So, at this rate you can repaint every season if you choose.
It is not hard to do. It just requires a little planning and elbow grease. Like so many projects it is a bunch of small simple steps building on each other. As long as you understand the order and some very basic principals you won't go wrong.

Oh, And by the way, I have yet to repaint the rear fender. I am toying with bobbing it, and don't want to paint it twice.

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #34 - 01/24/10 at 10:44:12

why the bleeding flower? just askin

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 01/24/10 at 14:12:47

rigidchop wrote on 01/24/10 at 10:44:12:
why the bleeding flower? just askin

The Calla Lilly is seen at many funerals. It's a morbid joke. To date I have wrecked one car, one boat, and three motorcycles; and that just counts the collisions. If you count the mechanical failures, blow outs, and just being stupid at speed, the number is about twelve. So “Roadkill” fits. I was originally going to add a cartoon Buzzard sitting on the last two L’s but that would mean that I couldn’t  do it “all” with a rattle can. Another reason for the simple white Calla Lilly. The wife says "one more collision and your an Ace!"
JB

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 01/26/10 at 10:02:43

looks amazing, I love the silver dollar on the front fender, but I think it clashes with the theme of the tank which I also love, but I can see it would be a hard choice since both look so great!!!  maybe a simple red pinstripe on the fenders might pull it all together, but I don't know how it all looks together so my crit is just BS  

again, great job!!  gives me hope!! man I need to pay my bike off ASAP!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 11:34:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › textured Rust-oleum: the Tank!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.