Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ACTING WIERD WHEN I SHIFT FROM 4TH TO 5TH (Read 327 times)
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Re: ACTING WIERD WHEN I SHIFT FROM 4TH TO 5TH
Reply #30 - 01/01/10 at 11:45:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/01/10 at 10:12:18:
rigidchop wrote on 12/31/09 at 06:56:13:
i had a friend when i was a teen, that had an rm 80 dirtbike. as long as i can remember that bike never had a clutch cable. he'd just stomp it into gear lol. probably owned it for 5+ years. i generally use mine, but have shifted without it.

I was driving an 18 wheeler & the clutch linkage broke. I sat & thot about it a while, then pulled the kill & when the engine started to die, I shoved the thing in 1st & firewalled the kill & nailed the gas pedal. Wasnt a smooth launch, but I got it to the shop w/o a tow truck

i have driven quite a few vehicles like that. well older ones without the clutch saftey switches anyway. just put said vehicle in first, turn the key and step on the gas. kind of a jerky start till ya get moving, but after that its smooth sailing. the ones that had the safety switch intact, we just push started (or coasted down a hill) worked fine, unless you had to stop, then the process starts all over again lol

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: ACTING WIERD WHEN I SHIFT FROM 4TH TO 5TH
Reply #31 - 01/01/10 at 11:55:38

I didnt think trying to pull an 80,000 pound truck on a dirt road with the starter was a great idea, so I went arouond that move. I did use the starter on my old chevy to walk it thru flooded intersections when the ignition would get wet, After I killed that darned safety switch.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:18:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ACTING WIERD WHEN I SHIFT FROM 4TH TO 5TH

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.