Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
battery box, what 2 do? (Read 441 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
battery box, what 2 do?
12/09/09 at 21:23:57

so, i want 2 do something sweet with the bat box, but i don't want to remove it(imagine that!)

i've seen some guys make 6 packs of beer into boxes but i don't know how electrical currents do with that!

i don't just want 2 paint it, so anyone got any creative things going on?

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: battery box, what 2 do?
Reply #1 - 12/10/09 at 06:17:23

I don't have any ideas, but will gladly donate my battery box to the project as a backup.  So don't hold back, you got two chances Wink

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 12/10/09 at 10:26:53

I made one ... in fact 2 out of stainless punched plate that can take any battery ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 12/10/09 at 12:02:18

srinath wrote on 12/10/09 at 10:26:53:
I made one ... in fact 2 out of stainless punched plate that can take any battery ...
Cool.
Srinath.

Would love to see a pic of this...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #4 - 12/10/09 at 12:49:34

well thanks Boule’tard!! hmmmm maybe i'll cut it up a bit!

i was thinking of drilling six holes and putting .357's that i've already shot in the round shape that they are in as if they were loaded in a revolver......jesse james sells gas caps like that, but i don't have 200 dollars!!

and then there's mountain dew cans

i've seen batteries exposed, so i don't think it matters if they get wet, so maybe i'll carve it up with a symbol or somthing.

i wanted to dig the keyhole into the ground and light the cover on fire, the key hole would be in the sand so hopefully it wouldn't melt.

or i could always shoot it with a shotgun lol

so if i break it, i'm totally take your backup bouletard!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #5 - 12/10/09 at 13:26:29

Cool.  I like the idea of using the brass shells, all you have to do is find the right combination of drill bit and caliber so that the brass flange catches the hole is chambered into your battery box.  You could also place them strategically so it looks like the box is riveted together with the shells  Cheesy

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/10/09 at 20:11:26

Thirty years ago I made parts out of Kydex.
It is a thermal plastic that you can mold in an oven or with a heat gun. It is virtually indestructible and reasonably priced. I used black, but I think it is available in colors.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #7 - 12/10/09 at 23:29:56

u know, i might have enough .357 shells lyin around to cover most of the cover. maybe a line across would be sweet.

a moldable substance would be sweet too, i could put wings on it or something....hmmmm

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #8 - 01/15/10 at 21:55:06

Here are some possible ideas- First mod was moving the battery box forward 1.5" (not pictured).  Next, I did these faux oil tank/side covers in the battery area.  Then I finally just just removed it all together.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 01/15/10 at 22:17:17

Diamond Jim's approach beats mine...
I was thinking "Hammer time"...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #10 - 01/16/10 at 17:02:46

I'm gonna steal your idea but instead of putting the battery in the saddle bag, I'm gonna build me a battery box that mounts behind the sissy bar. I just love that minimalist look and think it would look killer on the FireLizard.

Just one question, where did you get extended battery cables or did you make them yourself? If you made them, how did you do it and what is the material list?

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #11 - 01/16/10 at 18:25:52

That would like awesome on the FireLizard.  I made the cables.  There's the two battery cables and then IIRC a small ground wire that is part part of the stock negative cable assembly.  I forgot what it goes to.  Seems that I lengthened it.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #12 - 01/16/10 at 18:47:32

Where did you get the materials to make the cables? Can they be sourced from a typical auto parts store or bike shop?

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #13 - 01/17/10 at 04:19:53

Last time I was at the parts store I saw some pretty long battery wires for sale there.

Also like Lowe's and Homo depot, what have you, sell cables by the foot and stuff.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #14 - 01/17/10 at 11:19:28

Got the cables at Lowe's.  The connectors I couldn't find right off.  I actually found them at a Black & Decker outlet store down in Gulf Shores.  Brought them back home, took them to a buddy that used a press to clamp them.  Since then I have seen them around Lowe's.  Check out car stereo shops.  They often sell 2 thru 8 gauge wire and connectors.  I went the next larger gauge since the length of the wires was increased.  May not need to do that but I like to take extra caution and think ahead with mods.  Like "what if I added this or that later" kind of stuff.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 22:27:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › battery box, what 2 do?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.