Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hardtailing Savage (Read 167 times)
il67bp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hardtailing Savage
11/30/09 at 23:45:33

ok so im starting my new project on my savage. and i need some opinions on hardtailing it. ive had the struts on it and dont mind the ride and love the way it looks lowered but i just cant deal with the way the struts look so my question is should i fabricate a custome hardtail rear end with the help of a few mechanically inclined friends or even maybe get it done by a shop ($$$$) or should i go with a sportster weld on hardtail kit and mess around with it a little and make it fit? is there a specific year harley that is close to the dimensions of the savage?i would like to keep stock rear tire to keep costs down the only thing i would change is the belt into a chain drive. i have an 88 ls650. thanks for the help and as always all opinions are welcome.

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Re: Hardtailing Savage
Reply #1 - 12/01/09 at 03:30:23

Currently having mine hard tailed by Dave(www.tanksbytigman.com) for a good price, I wouldn't bother with buying a pre fabbed Harley hard tail and have to chop and weld that one up to fit. Just do it from scratch, or drop it off at a shop.

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
il67bp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/03/09 at 09:32:26

Thanks for the advice and info. May I ask how much tigman is charging you? Checked out the site everything looks pretty legit

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #3 - 12/03/09 at 20:41:41

I just dropped off the frame today at his shop, if you are really interested I can ask him to make a weld on if you wanted to purchase it. Right now it's costing somewhere in the ball park of $400-$480 for the hardtail.

That includes battery tray, rear brake stay, axel plates of your choice with tensioner as well.

Let me know if your interested

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:18:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hardtailing Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.