Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
petcock screen? WHERE?? (Read 128 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
petcock screen? WHERE??
11/30/09 at 22:12:05

i removed the petcock from the tank, this big orange thing is sticking up out of it.

then i took off the 4 little screws to look inside....where the heck is this screen i'm supposed 2 clean??????

and i am tryin to put a new spark plug in, it says .08 or .09 but the one i pulled out is like a .04 and when i gap the new one to .08 it looks too far away and @ an angle.....what the heck lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: petcock screen? WHERE??
Reply #1 - 11/30/09 at 22:16:11

That red rocket stickin' up in the tank is the screen.

Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 11/30/09 at 22:29:46

hahhahahahahaahaha thank God, cuz the square part took some coercing to get open and i envisioned the friggin screen flyin off into the night!

so how do i clean it? lol

and dude, i hit reserve on the way home so i was like "sweet there shouldn't be much 2 drain".....waaaay wrong lol

so not i'm debating what to do with the head covers and the battery box....both are chrome....but i don't want to bake them(who is gonna let me bake bike parts?) LOL!! so if i can paint them without using the easy bake oven...that would be good lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #3 - 12/01/09 at 04:58:22

Rocco wrote on 11/30/09 at 22:12:05:
and i am tryin to put a new spark plug in, it says .08 or .09 but the one i pulled out is like a .04 and when i gap the new one to .08 it looks too far away and @ an angle.....what the heck lol

Be sure whether you're dealing with metric measurement (millimeters) or with SAE (inches).

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #4 - 12/01/09 at 07:28:41

yeah i just realized i did it to .o8 lol not .8.....freakin a! i guess that's what i get for messing around in the dark lol

no worries, i'll just pick up another plug, luckily they are only a buck or 2!

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #5 - 12/01/09 at 20:49:44

Yep, at .08 in, I'd bet it did look too big,....about double what it should be ?

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #6 - 12/02/09 at 08:27:02

not one of my smarter moments, and yeah the plug wasn't even inline anymore lol!!

the old one is black and the tip is tan....i guess that's what it's supposed to be?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:25:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › petcock screen? WHERE??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.