Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Air Box (Read 197 times)
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Air Box
11/29/09 at 11:25:50

I am trying to remove my air box and removed the L & R screws per the Cylmer. Removed or moved the wires, etc. It is loose at the top, but appears to be bolted or screwed somewhere on the bottom left. Ideas please.  Undecided

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Air Box
Reply #1 - 11/29/09 at 15:44:02

Low, center, to the fender

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #2 - 11/29/09 at 17:28:49

Thanks!  Smiley

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/29/09 at 19:43:53

yah welcome.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #4 - 11/30/09 at 04:45:08

Do those 2 also hold the fender on? Cause even if I can get them out w/o removing the rear wheel, I could probably never get them back in. My plan is to go to a K&N cone air filter therefore elimenating the need for the airbox. I may end up using the OEM type replacement in the airbox. Any difference in the filtration between the two?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/30/09 at 05:58:19

I cant remember. I just remember finding them when I pulled the airbox.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #6 - 11/30/09 at 07:59:21

Doesn't the side cover on one side attach to the airbox? Mine had the airbox removed when I bought it, but he included the side covers in a box, and I can't figure out where they attach.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #7 - 11/30/09 at 08:32:45

I took out one on each side up top, but it looks like there are two coming thru the fender from the wheel side. Tough to get at. Also I am not sure if they hold the fender on (along with 2 others). I may cut the thing out and just leave the bolts and anchors.  Undecided

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 11/30/09 at 12:01:16

I dont Think they hold the fender ON exactly, maybe stabilizes the bottom front? IDK, I didnt klook real hard, cuz I was just modifying the airbox & putting it back in.

IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #9 - 11/30/09 at 12:37:14

I ended up cutting the front and top out of the air box. This was not an easy task, but I only nicked one wire.   Smiley This left room for the K&N and more room for the wires, plus I can move the rectifier there. I also retained the side cover mounts. Once I got it back together it looks real good and I gained a ton of room!  Cool

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 11/30/09 at 12:44:14

Room for what?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #11 - 11/30/09 at 12:50:33

Well, I'm thinking of a wet bar and a little dance floor. Actually, just room for all the wires so I don't have to jam them in between the air box and battery case. I can just bundle them up and tie rap them in a corner.

IP Logged
stratman

Klaatu,
Verata....Necktie

Concord, Ca.
Reply #12 - 12/01/09 at 16:34:28

Thanks, i thought i was the only person who had to cut out the air box.   Did it for the same reason, to make way for the cone filter direct mount to the carb.  I ended up getting some long zip ties and routed the wires and ignition box between the frame under the seat.   Installed hot tub and hammock adjacent to wet bar.  stratman

'There's no money above the 7th fret'...Tommy Tedesco
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #13 - 12/01/09 at 16:50:30

i use the air box to support for the front sprung seat.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:13:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Air Box

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.