Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Measure Please !!! (Read 168 times)
Ebikerman

Jesus is #1

Fitzgerald, GA
Measure Please !!!
11/28/09 at 18:07:48

Would someone measure their '86 to '04 sidebars for the distance from the center of the top of the turnsignal post to the center of the upper front mount bolt keeping the measureing tool parallel with the sidebar? If it is about 12 3/8" the sissybar sidebars I bought would would fit that. As it is, I have the Sissybar, Luggage rack, back rest cushion, sidebars and all bolts brand new for sale on ebay for $115.00 "Buy It Now". These items have not been installed because they will not fit my '06 S40. I hope several people with different years will measure and note the year bike. PM me if interested in the stuff.

Please note that the OEM '86-'04 have different numbers to the '05-'09 side rails. It appears that this means different sissybar side rails would be needed.

Maybe someone would measure their '05-'08 (S40) for comparison.

...Thanks, Dan

« Last Edit: 11/29/09 at 18:01:14 by Ebikerman »  

2006 S40. Christian biker. Bikes rock, but there is more to life than bikes.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Measure Please !!!
Reply #1 - 11/28/09 at 19:59:34

Ebikerman wrote on 11/28/09 at 18:07:48:
Would someone measure their '86 to '04 sidebars for the distance from the center of the top of the turnsignal post to the center of the upper front mount bolt keeping the measureing tool parallel with the sidebar? If it is about 12 3/8" the sissybar sidebars I bought would would fit that. As it is, I have the Sissybar, Luggage rack, back rest cushion, sidebars and all bolts brand new for sale on ebay for $120.00 "Buy It Now". These items have not been installed because they will not fit my '06 S40. I hope several people with different years will measure and note the year bike. PM me if interested in the stuff....Thanks, Dan

sorry, mine's an 06 too, but I did look at my mfg date and it says 08/05 also and the title says 2006, so I agree with you on that part.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #2 - 11/29/09 at 07:41:14

I can measure mine when I get home this afternoon. I have side bars drilled and tapped for saddle bag brackets, rear seat, sissy bar, saddle bag bracket and saddlebags that I just took off my 96. I'll do the whole mess for $75.00 plus shipping. Am going to post on marketplace next week.

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 11/29/09 at 09:57:47

I measured 12 3/8" on the sissy bar model...
11 1/8" on the non sissy...

Fender mounting holes are the same on both, so they're interchangeable...  only the signal mount is different...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #4 - 11/29/09 at 10:23:27

I measured 12 3/8 also! See previous post.

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Ebikerman

Jesus is #1

Fitzgerald, GA
Reply #5 - 11/29/09 at 17:50:15

Since the sissybar model is longer to the turnsignals, what are you supposed to do with them, drill a new hole in the fender? Thanks all for the enlightning info.....Dan

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 11/29/09 at 18:02:10

Can't you just snake the wire a little further,... between the fender and chrome support?...

IP Logged
Ebikerman

Jesus is #1

Fitzgerald, GA
Reply #7 - 11/29/09 at 18:13:36

There is a hole in the fender for a rubber support for the turnsignal. I would think this support also helps steady the fender. So, it looks to me that a new hole would be in order to serve this same purpose...Thanks, Dan

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 11/29/09 at 21:15:44

I was following the girl as she rode the Savage. The fender shook like a demon had it by the throat in the top of 1st & bottom of 2nd. I have an 05, no sissy bar. I literally couldnt read the plate it shook so hard & I was only a few yards back.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 11/29/09 at 21:30:22

That bar don't do diddley to support the fender,.... it's just show chrome and support for the backrest or bags if you have them...
Take it off completely and you can still park a cow on that fender...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 11/29/09 at 21:34:38

Take it off completely and you can still park a cow on that fender...

If you arent sure, bring it to East Tx. I can show you several bars where you can get a cow to try it out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 11/29/09 at 21:47:20

Not a real cow,... but a bar cow for sure... Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:19:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Measure Please !!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.