Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Newbie from Nawth Caroliner (Read 271 times)
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Re: Newbie from Nawth Caroliner
Reply #15 - 12/02/09 at 04:55:17

DaveLKN wrote on 12/01/09 at 17:32:23:
Serenity & Toymaker- I was in Granite yesterday...customer or two up there.  I gotta go back by the place that sells the Kevlar jeans...what's their name?

I think there's a place in Hickory called Draggin' Jeans.  Is that the place you're thinking of?  I went in there once and looked around.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
DaveLKN
YaBB Newbies

Lake Norman NC
Reply #16 - 12/02/09 at 20:33:22

That's the place.  My brother suggested I stop in, which I did back in August.  The concept of Kevlar britches is interesting, but I think good old fashioned leather is more tolerable both in wearing and in use.  The Kevlar sounds like it requires alot of care in handling and cleaning.  They were nice enough tho, the guy I was talking to flew Denny Hamlin's jet (NASCAR) on the weekends, so we naturally got into talking airplanes and forgot about cycles.

I'll have to check out their helmet prices, too.   I'm interested in a modular with the flip up chin, etc.  I looked at them at RideNow in Concord yesterday- they promised to match online prices- that's good.

1998 Savage LS650
1998 Marauder VZ800
member- Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club
  IP Logged
FishHunt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 12/03/09 at 00:03:40

There are a lot of Savage/S40 riders here in the Carolinas. We should get a ride together one day.

I just purchased a Seven Zero Seven modular helmet from Cycle Gear in Greensboro. It is the Nemesis model. So far its been a great helmet but I have only rode about 1,000 miles since it was purchased. Cycle Gear has a 7 day return policy on the helmets they sell. This includes helmets purchased online. If you buy one online and you don't like it, you can return it to your local store.

<>< Fish

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:17:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newbie from Nawth Caroliner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.