Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Newbie from Nawth Caroliner (Read 271 times)
DaveLKN
YaBB Newbies

Lake Norman NC
Newbie from Nawth Caroliner
11/28/09 at 17:05:22

Hello from Mooresville, NC, aka "Race City" next to Lake Norman and home to many NASCAR teams.

Thank you for having such a great website and forum. It helped me decide to buy a '98 LS650 yesterday, and by all accounts we'll have fun with it.  

I've already got a 98 Marauder, and have had a couple of Suzuki dirt bikes in the past, so I have alot of faith that this little thumper will be no less a fun experience.  The little ole retired schoolteacher I bought it from had taken extraordinary care of it, but a busted right hand made her decide not to try riding anymore.  So I'm its new caretaker. I spent considerable time last nite just polishing up the chrome and aluminum.  Very little else to do, really.  New tires, battery, tune, lubes, etc.  It was a great opportunity. 

I'm sure my son, the ex-GSXR owner (has 2 sons now in its place) will be certain to enjoy riding again.  He told me the other day that he'd be happy to ride anything- he really misses it.  He doesn't know I picked up the Savage yet, so I'm sure he'll be surprised....so will his wife....(hmmm)...and Grandpa will be his grandsons' favorite Grandpa!  No ulterior motive, mind you...it should be the ideal ride for getting the young'uns familiar with motorcycling.  

Agree?

1998 Savage LS650
1998 Marauder VZ800
member- Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club
  IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Re: Newbie from Nawth Caroliner
Reply #1 - 11/28/09 at 17:16:11

Great choice gramps!  They will love you even more now.

Ride Safe
                                                                           Marine5317

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 11/28/09 at 19:50:02

Yep, its an awesome bike in my limited experience, but I couldn't part with it now for any amount of money... well, within reason, of course. Wink

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to our site!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 11/29/09 at 01:10:04

It is the old fart's most favorite scooter, you can keep riding it far past when you'd have to hang up most other scooters.  Small, light, agile -- plus even an old man can pick one back up when they fall over.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 11/29/09 at 06:39:01

We have a significant number of old folks that hang out here ... excuse me a minute while I take a nap ... ok, awake again....where was I ?  I think I'm hungry now.

By the way, welcome Dave.  This is a pretty good palce.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 11/29/09 at 06:55:25

Welcome to the madness.

I am in Charlotte - huntersville actually and own a regular savage, a chopped bobbed one and a third undecided one ...

Love em marauders too, you do a belt conversion on em ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #6 - 11/29/09 at 07:39:43

Welcome!  There are quite a few Savagers here.  I have a 95 Savage and a 09 Vulcan.  I also live outside Hickory.

T Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 11/29/09 at 10:51:22

I was so close to moving to Nawth Caroliner. I had read stuff & had about decided Raleigh or somewhere in that area would just be great. Ahhh, but it costs so much to move that far & my wifes license is in Texas & she didnt want to have to test for it there. Family in Texas, etc, so we moved to East Tx & stayed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 11/29/09 at 11:33:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/29/09 at 10:51:22:
I was so close to moving to Nawth Caroliner. I had read stuff & had about decided Raleigh or somewhere in that area would just be great. Ahhh, but it costs so much to move that far & my wifes license is in Texas & she didnt want to have to test for it there. Family in Texas, etc, so we moved to East Tx & stayed.

In 07 I moved to east TX ... houston matter of fact.
My job there sucked so much, and we didn't manage to sell our house here so we moved right can in 6 months.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 11/29/09 at 14:19:03

Houston? YUKKK... I lived there when I was just a kid. It wasnt so busy then, but it was still too busy. Now? Its a lousy place, IMO. I dont even like the trffic in Longview from 3:30 to 6 it can be bad enough it takes 2 whole cycles on a light to get thru an intersection..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tonydtiger1971

Yet while we were
sinners Christ died
for us

Dawsonville, GA
Reply #10 - 11/30/09 at 08:09:08

Welcome to the group, we have a lively bunch here.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tonydtiger1971 rgiskardrentlav@yahoo.com   IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #11 - 11/30/09 at 13:29:27

Welcome aboard.  I'm in NC too:  Hickory (Catawba County).  I like the Marauder/M50.  If I get another bike it'll probably be one of those.  But I love my Savage!

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #12 - 12/01/09 at 08:49:47

Welcome! I have an 02 Savage and I live an hour away from you in Winston Salem.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
DaveLKN
YaBB Newbies

Lake Norman NC
Reply #13 - 12/01/09 at 17:32:23

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Srinath, no belt drive on the Marauder- it would be nice, tho.  Nasty ole' chain...but there's the conversion...hmmm.  I'm in HVL alot, son lives there off Exit 23.  Who's your favorite dealer/stealer in the area?

Serenity & Toymaker- I was in Granite yesterday...customer or two up there.  I gotta go back by the place that sells the Kevlar jeans...what's their name?

Midnight Rider- I also get to 'Camel City' alot.  Several customers there too.

I was in Concord this evening and stopped by the Suzuki dealer there looking at helmets.  There was only one S40/Boulevard in stock, white, with a price tag of $4995.  Sure did like the handlebars better than the buckhorns on the Savage.  I'll have to do some checking on that.  But that's a separate thread. Cool

1998 Savage LS650
1998 Marauder VZ800
member- Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 12/01/09 at 18:10:25

Dave,... I think Ebikerman is looking for pullbacks,....  Maybe you could swap?.....
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1258947507

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:15:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newbie from Nawth Caroliner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.