Send Topic Print
Starting issues (Read 41 times)
desithug
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Starting issues
11/16/09 at 08:28:53

I recently got my motorcycle checked by a mechanic. Its a pretty old one, 87 with 18k miles. There was a problem with the vacuum seal next to the head gasket, got that fixed. oil changed and basically given a complete lookover.
Got her back and it was running smoother that ever before. However a couple of days back it would not start. The gas is full, the battery is charged.
The guys after servicing did say that there are some petcock issues and it supposedly always runs on prime. I am not very sure if I believe that though, because I nearly ran out of gas and the bike would not run in On but was smooth on RESERVE.
So anyways anything that I should be worried about, talk to when I take it back. I really dont want to mess with it myself right now as I paid quiet a bit of money for the servicing.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Starting issues
Reply #1 - 11/16/09 at 09:49:46

Sorry,... I can't think of a vacuum seal near the head gasket,...

The problem could be petcock,... but if you think they should look at it, then take it in...  
If they aren't helpful,... get back to us, and we'll try to help...

If it is the petcock,... let them know that a petcock from a Yamha 660 Raptor will bolt on, and they just need to block the vacuum line to make it work for you....
it's a lot cheaper than the stock one...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:19:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Starting issues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.