justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Trouble shifting
Reply #16 - 11/08/09 at 19:01:05

Serowbot wrote on 11/08/09 at 15:44:36:
Now you're just trying to make him look silly.... Huh

No, Ive talked about free play twice. Then he responds with " Its all good, There is none". I could only conclude that he didnt understand, so, since I didnt wwant to be unclear, I made it unavoidably clear. There is no "Tone & inflection" in the typed word, so you cant kbnow how I said it. Youre just trying to make me out a jackass..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #17 - 11/08/09 at 19:09:27

And for the humorless on here, I shift by ear all the time because the Savage doesn't have a Tachometer! Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
PBLover

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/08/09 at 20:01:58

Ok, checked out the bike, it's got just a little play in the lever now after adjusting a bit, then went for a long ride since it's 60 degrees out and no rain today for a change.  Had a good time, thought about the whole situation while riding, trying to figure out what either me or the bike is doing wrong and came to a conclusion.  I think it's my new riding boots causing the problem.  They fit a bit bigger than the shoes I was used to riding in and I don't think I've been taking my foot off the shift lever completely or letting it completely back up between shifts.  I started removing my foot off to the side between shifts, especially while shifting down and the problem "seems" to be aleviated for the most part.  I still had a couple times when it didn't want to shift down to first, but it was going a bit better.  Starting to think it's just the rider and not the bike......  time will tell.  By the way.....I'm a she, not a he  Grin  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 11/08/09 at 20:37:12

Never even considered the foot on the lever. That'll do it, allright.
Yea, ya gotta have some free play in the lever, always./ If the cable never get slack in it, then theres a little pressure Not getting to the clutch pack.

PB Lover, I didnt know if that was Peanut Butter or Lead. I thot maybe you liked bullets. Maybe some great target shooter.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #20 - 11/08/09 at 20:58:58

Yeah ! I forgot about that,......I have trouble shifting in my sneakers too. But I like riding in shorts and sneakers,.......or I did a month ago anyway.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 11/08/09 at 21:58:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/08/09 at 19:01:05:
Youre just trying to make me out a jackass..

Lighten up, JOG,.... I'm just makin' myself look silly,...  I never try to make fun of anyone but myself...
Yur' perfectly capable...

Problems are frustrating,... when I can help, I do...
When I can crack a joke,... and make a frustrated person have a laugh, and feel a part of the group,... I do that too...

Sorry if I offended you PB,.. we're here to help with problems,.... but we come here, day after day, because it's fun...  if it was all serious, who would hang out?....and then, who would be here when help is needed?...
And don't mind Justin (JOG),... he's just messin' with me... He's usually the first one laugh at my crap... (he musta' stubbed his toe this morning)...

BTW,...Welcome to the site,... check out the Cafe section if you want to meet the others and have a laugh... Old pro's and Newbies, guys and gals, from all over the world....
Ride safe,
Serowbot

PS,.. is it peanut butter lover?..... Hope so....
Can I call you Peanut?....  Huh

« Last Edit: 11/08/09 at 23:55:47 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 11/09/09 at 00:23:10

(he musta' stubbed his toe this morning)...

About 1/2 second before I stubbed my nose.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #23 - 11/09/09 at 05:44:02

PBLover wrote on 11/08/09 at 20:01:58:
Ok, checked out the bike, it's got just a little play in the lever now after adjusting a bit, then went for a long ride since it's 60 degrees out and no rain today for a change.  Had a good time, thought about the whole situation while riding, trying to figure out what either me or the bike is doing wrong and came to a conclusion.  I think it's my new riding boots causing the problem.  They fit a bit bigger than the shoes I was used to riding in and I don't think I've been taking my foot off the shift lever completely or letting it completely back up between shifts.  I started removing my foot off to the side between shifts, especially while shifting down and the problem "seems" to be aleviated for the most part.  I still had a couple times when it didn't want to shift down to first, but it was going a bit better.  Starting to think it's just the rider and not the bike......  time will tell.  By the way.....I'm a she, not a he  Grin  

Shoe do make a lot of difference when you shift,Tennis shoes work the best for me.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
PBLover

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/09/09 at 07:32:53

Actually 'PB' stand for Pink Barracuda.  My other toy is a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coup 440, which I'm working on selling due to so little use.  It's just sitting in the garage trying to figure out how to start rusting....  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 11/09/09 at 10:35:10

WOW, Id like to drive one of those for a while. I could even do it in a pink one, just to drive one. Is it a Hot Rod from Hayull?

IP Logged
PBLover

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 11/09/09 at 12:53:43

Yes sir it shore is  Cool  Wouldn't have it any other way!  Runs like a bat out of Hayull!    Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 11/09/09 at 17:59:51

It was a nasty, cold day & this gal I worked with had a Z-28( her hubby did & she drove it). I "Offered" to go get it & bring it up to the front door so she wouldnt have to walk to it. I wasnt even trying to do more than kill it. I just wanted to drive it up to the stop sign & around the corner to the door of the store. I backed out nice & easy,,, stuck it in first & it was stumbling ( cold as hell that day), so I tickled it a bit & eased out on the clutch.. then i was sitting sideways in the road,,cranked the wheel & it spun straight up to the stop sign..Wadda GAS!!! & she was Hooooot,, & he was one Baaad MOFO. 3 guys decided to whip him, one had a tire iron,, they all 3 got some of that tire iron before they got an ambulance ride..He boxed me one night, I had the 8Oz gloves, he had the 16s & I still couldnt touch him or keep him off me..Yep,, he was hard to handle..& she was easy on the eyes..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:32:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Trouble shifting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.