Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Squeak...squeak...squeak (Read 257 times)
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Squeak...squeak...squeak
11/07/09 at 11:51:19

went the belt.  I have been dealing with it for a while.  I checked the tension, the alignment...  I even sprayed silicon spray on it.  Well today I had had enough.   I jacked it up and started in...off with the belt guards....loosened up the wheel and brake cable.  After looking every which way I started watching the belt.

I slowly turned the wheel.  Then I saw it.  A bump.    rolled the wheel some more...the bump again.  I looked down into the rear sprocket.   Then I saw it...a rock...not a big one...but just big enough to make the belt pull up and put tension on the side.  I cleaned it all up and re-adjusted the tension and tracking.  Guess what.......no freaking squeak!

So now it is a quiet as new......woohoo

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
grandpa

Old but not cold!!!

Bartlett TN
Re: Squeak...squeak...squeak
Reply #1 - 11/07/09 at 13:32:27

Have been checking everything but the sprockets. Sounded like the caliper was dragging but that checked out. Next was the loose front sprocket theory. But, again it was A OK. Guess what I'll be doing tonight!! Been driving me crazy as well as embarrassing in traffic!! Thanks for the info!!

Blue '06, seat mod, K&N drop-in filter, desnorkeled, 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1/3 spacer, dyna muff, factory bug shield, 11.5 Progressive rear shocks, debadged, fork boots, 110/90-19, 140/90-15
grandpa   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 11/07/09 at 15:10:02

pull the front pully cover if theres a bunchO black fiberous stuff in there the belt is not aligned..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
mumbles
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston Tx
Reply #3 - 11/07/09 at 15:49:33

Had the same experience about 2 weeks ago. Dang rock had wedged itself into the rear pulley. Pulled out the old trusty hammer and screwdriver and out went the rock.LOL  Wink

1995 Savage
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #4 - 11/08/09 at 07:21:09

Mine goes...."screech screech screech",....is that the same thing? Undecided But mine always goes away in about a mile or less. I see no signs of wear. I'm now convinced it doesn't always need a reason to squeal,.....or was it screech, or squeek ?

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #5 - 11/08/09 at 12:48:19

i had a rock in mine aswell. but properly the belt alignment and tension stopped my squeaking

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
Tonydtiger1971

Yet while we were
sinners Christ died
for us

Dawsonville, GA
Reply #6 - 11/21/09 at 09:04:21

How do you align the belt?

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tonydtiger1971 rgiskardrentlav@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 11/21/09 at 09:18:17

I tried everything and couldn't quiet mine... finally,.. I took an angle grinder and beveled the edges of the teeth...  Whisper quiet,... and no perceptible wear or fraying in 15k miles since... Wink
Mine is loose almost to the point of slack, to accommodate the extra travel of 12" shocks..

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 11/21/09 at 09:37:29

Serowbot wrote on 11/21/09 at 09:18:17:
I tried everything and couldn't quiet mine... finally,.. I took an angle grinder and beveled the edges of the teeth...  Whisper quiet,... and no perceptible wear or fraying in 15k miles since... Wink
Mine is loose almost to the point of slack, to accommodate the extra travel of 12" shocks..

Thats Phabulous! Next time mine gets on my nerves, Im gonna give it a go. The canning wax I use gets slung on the wheel & all around.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 11/21/09 at 10:43:47

Serowbot wrote on 11/21/09 at 09:18:17:

Tried to get a pic, to show the bevel...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 11/21/09 at 10:47:56

The easy way to cut those angles,Would be to put on lift and run it at 60mph and hold a knife to it. Roll Eyes

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 11/21/09 at 10:56:14

bill67 wrote on 11/21/09 at 10:47:56:
  The easy way to cut those angles,Would be to put on lift and run it at 60mph and hold a knife to it. Roll Eyes

So glad I didn't think of that.... Huh

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 11/21/09 at 11:03:01

bill67 wrote on 11/21/09 at 10:47:56:

Bill must have forgotten the pics of the guy who decided to clean his chain with the bike in gear.. That was rugged, Bill.

SERO, how did you get to the other side/?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 11/21/09 at 11:16:38

from the bottom,.. it's just doable,.. had a friend slowly turn the wheel for me...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 11/21/09 at 11:44:21

Looks like Ill need a fresh disk to get as much reach as that little thing will offer. I have 1 grinder with a grinder disk & another with a cut off disk. The grinder has the push/slide switch, the cut off has the paddle grip. It got floppy & stopped actuating the switch. I had to open it up & take the paddle out & reinforce it with piano wire. Now it works great

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:18:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Squeak...squeak...squeak

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.