Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn Signal Wires, where are they? (Read 101 times)
Ebikerman

Jesus is #1

Fitzgerald, GA
Turn Signal Wires, where are they?
11/06/09 at 10:50:02

I am considering installing a sissy bar which I think will require removal of the rear turn signals. I installed saddlebag supports, but removed them since I have decided not to use the bags. I cannot see or feel any turn signal wires under the fender or the fender side bars. There are no wires exiting the sidebars anywhere that I can see or feel. Surely the signals have wires. This bike is a 2006 S40. I believe the turn signals are mounted differently to earlier models. Since the (sissybar backrest) requires new sidebars, I will have to remove the signals and reattach the wires, but I cannot even find the wires anywhere. I would like to know what I'm doing before I start, even before I buy a sissy bar. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan

2006 S40. Christian biker. Bikes rock, but there is more to life than bikes.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Turn Signal Wires, where are they?
Reply #1 - 11/06/09 at 11:00:28

You didnt get the memo? Suzuki is running wireless stuff all over the place now.

The wires run outside the fender going under the braces at the front end, nearest your butt.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/07/09 at 00:02:28

He didn't get the memo????  Wink

IP Logged
Ebikerman

Jesus is #1

Fitzgerald, GA
Reply #3 - 11/07/09 at 06:07:52

S O L D  Since I am going to follow the memo now and putting a sissy bar on, I have brand new Suzuki brand saddlebags and chrome supports made for the S40 up for auction on ebay. Tags, etc still on. Just look up Suzuki S40 saddlebags and you will find them at a very discounted price. Your help is always appreciated.....Dan  (ebikerman)

Still don't know how to remove the rear turn signals on '06 S40.

« Last Edit: 11/17/09 at 15:49:52 by Ebikerman »  

2006 S40. Christian biker. Bikes rock, but there is more to life than bikes.
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/07/09 at 07:23:21

I think I remember you have to remove the chrome rails (braces, whatever). From that point it gets obvious. Nuts get coroded and stuck, be patient.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 11/07/09 at 08:57:41

Unless you have an obnoxiously large rear tire, you dont HAVE to pull it off to get the braces off the fender. A little time feeling around under there & locating the bolts will do it, just be patient & make sure the wrench is ON the Bolt really well, since a messed up bolt would mean you have to pull the rear wheel. A little Lift on the bike to drop the rear wheel down a bit might make it easier, I didnt have to when I pulled a signal off, but your hand may be thick as a 10 pound ham, IDK.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Stones

Married to a Texan

United Kingdom
Reply #6 - 11/07/09 at 09:16:00

Take some air out of the rear tyre that helped me remove mine earlier today the 2 front bolts ie nearest the front seat are easy enough but the other is a pain in the ass Wink

Mind you this is on my 1989 knacker LS  Cool

ALLIANCE MEMBER
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:40:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn Signal Wires, where are they?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.