Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Good winter/cool riding gear? (Read 363 times)
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Re: Good winter/cool riding gear?
Reply #15 - 11/06/09 at 14:16:56

"Does anyone have any good suggestions for windbreaker/cold riding gear pants that could go over normal clothing."

Lost,
I used to wear some track pants from WalMart. The kind that are lined with the old school, gray sweat pant material on the inside, and a windproof nylon outer shell. Kept me warm down to some pretty low temps, didn't cost more than $20, fit over my regular pants/jeans that I was riding in, stuffed into a saddlebag real easy, and doubled as wet weather pants in lower temps. Just watch that exhaust!
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 11/06/09 at 14:27:07

Sportsmanguide has some flannel lined jeans.  Buy a size larger and you're good to go.

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #17 - 11/06/09 at 15:30:07

I got a pair of the jeans last spring,They also have double knees in them so you have 2 blue jean material plus the liner,their real nice.My right size    fit me,but am not telling any one to do that, one size bigger want hurt. From sportsmanguide.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #18 - 11/06/09 at 19:10:34

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/guide-gear-fleece-lined-snow-pants.asp...

I like these snow pants @ $29 easy on and off with leg zippers, fit in saddlebag and wind/ light waterproof. They even fit under my leather chaps.
I have used the newspaper idea, but found sheet bubble wrap I borrowed from the office insulates better.

Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
sport tour
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 12/14/09 at 02:44:50

My wife and I really like the tourmaster line of gear. The intake two jacket and venture air pants work well for all temps while riding. Both peices have two liners. A windbreaker/rain liner.And a thermal liner. Each zip in and out of the mesh jacket and pants. We also like the armor and slick material each peice is made of. We are sport tourers mostly and take long day rides from the foothills of SC to the NC and Tenn mtn's . so temps can rise and fall quite a bit. And the armore saved my wifes butt a few months ago on the snake. She was riding an EX500 Ninja and dove in too hard on a right hander. Well too much brake and the yellow line and the next thing I know she is on the pavement right in front of me. Whap!!!! She tucked her hands under the chin of her helmet and roled a few times as I watched her go down. I moved off the road, parked my bike and ran to check on her. She was allready up, lookin at the bike. Mad cause she scratched it up. And yellin at me to bring her a smoke,she tore up her bike. One scatch the size of a pencil eracer on her hand and a brused knee. Thats it!! I checked out the bike and she road it home. The gear makes a difference!! I know for sure!!!!!!!! Wink

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 12/14/09 at 18:19:43

i wear my leather jacket all year. The colder it gets the more layers i put underneath. Down to freezing my upper body list is from outside in - jacket, military jacket liner, long sleeve button up work shirt, t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt. Lower body from inside out - tight thermals, loose(r) thermals, 1 or 2 pairs of pants depending. 2 pair wool socks. Ski mask and wool scarf. If its wet out I either deal with it if it isnt pouring or if it is pouring I just toss my rain gear over all my other junk.

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #21 - 12/14/09 at 19:20:08

There is no gear that works when its 30 freaking below out!!!! Shocked

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 12/15/09 at 08:41:42

BurnPgh says

Lower body from inside out - tight thermals, loose(r) thermals, 1 or 2 pairs of pants depending. 2 pair wool socks. Ski mask and wool scarf.

Please explain how, exactly, you utilize the ski mask & wool scarf in the lower body dressing..OR, am I better off not knowing? Is that a Miniature ski mask & scarf?Maybe from a Barbie & Ken go Skiing set?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 12/15/09 at 12:00:13

your mixing up your commas and periods.

Lower body from inside out - tight thermals, loose(r) thermals, 1 or 2 pairs of pants depending. NEW SENTENCE - 2 pair wool socks. NEW SENTENCE - Ski mask and wool scarf.

Or maybe Im just being modest?  Wink Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 12/15/09 at 12:54:18

Im pretty sure theres a period before you talked about the socks & thats still in the "Lower Body" section. I dont see any gramatical cues that would lead me to believe we'd moved to another section. No,, & To cap it all off, er NUTthin. Im still wondering about you,, uh huhhh...

My research show a Barby & Ken go Skiing & he has a ski mask & a scarf...

& is or is not the cap & scarf " upper body" stuff?

Down to freezing my upper body list is from outside in - jacket, military jacket liner, long sleeve button up work shirt, t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt.

Im pretty sure Ive got ya here. I wanna see your Ken doll all dressed up, when youre done with his ski mask & scarf, of course..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #25 - 12/15/09 at 13:54:51

Agree with sportsmans guide regarding their flannel jeans. I bought a pair, and they work great. Even better with military grade long johns made in Germany I bought here: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/3-new-german-mil-issue-long-john-bottom.... They shrink like crazy so be warned before you throw them in the dryer.

I bought a fleece balaclava a couple of weeks ago. Don't know how I went without one for so long. Can also be used as a neck gator.

FSO
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 12:56:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Good winter/cool riding gear?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.