Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Saddlemen bags, what do you think? (Read 346 times)
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Re: New Saddlemen bags, what do you think?
Reply #15 - 10/26/09 at 12:39:21

My relocating method took less than 1 hour & used a license plate long piece of emt scrap. One of those things you do on a rainy afternoon when you're bored & can't ride. Grin

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #16 - 10/26/09 at 13:07:48

And the stock signal wires were long enough to reach back to the license plate??  How did you attach the wires under the fender, or how did you run them?  And then what goes in the hole where the lights are currently?

I think I saw something in the tech section about signal relocation, I'll have to look it up again too, but your idea looks fine to me!  Thanks for the pic... appreciate it, rust and all!   Wink

The S40/Savage signals are a little different.  I actually have Savage rear signals now because the 2 times I've dropped my bike resulted in a busted rear signal each time, so I got Savage signals from Sakara.  The S40 signals would really have been in the way with the new bags.  The Savage signals actually worked out better, but I will do the relocation.  Oh boy, something to go home and work on!  Smiley Grin

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
FlybysBlvd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #17 - 10/27/09 at 09:44:52

Thanks Baby Hog for the pics, I am familiar with Protac and that would be something I would definately want.  But if you can find any info on the particular brand I will start looking.
I too broke the back signal (left) and BF put those little cat eye's on, but one of the lenses fell off, he also put an led strip around my license plate, but I lost the whole thing in the Smokies this last trip, the only thing left was a little corner of the plate under the reflector screw.
You can really see those Cat eye's and he did have to re-locate them, they are actually right next to the license plate.  I will try to post pics as soon as I can get to it.

I DO WANT A BACK REST!! Grin

P.S. I have the 06 in Red Smiley

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #18 - 10/27/09 at 12:01:53

Gotta give this one to Seviersavage.  Sure looks like a Protac to me!  Had never heard of it.  I found a little label on the right leg/post, but couldn't really make out any model number or anything identifiable on it.  But I looked at their website ...  http://www.protac.net/ (which isn't the greatest), and the Savage is on their list, and the pic on the home page looks just like mine, so I assume that's what I've got.  

Here are a few more close-ups....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
FlybysBlvd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #19 - 10/28/09 at 04:37:58

Wink OK!  I will have check them out, website doesn't give any $$ that I could find.  There are also 2 different mounting brackets.  
Thanks for all the pics!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:25:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Saddlemen bags, what do you think?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.