Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DRIVE BELT. (Read 130 times)
KNOCKDOLIAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

DRIVE BELT.
10/21/09 at 12:26:46

Hi all, I picked up a 94 savage at theweekend for my wife. 26K on the clock so cam chain change is on the cards. Im also needing a drive belt. Ive only found one place that supplys them at £250 which is about half what I paid for the bike. What do you all in the US pay for a belt and where could I get one. last thing everything I have read says a 94 should have 4 gears but mine has 5 is this right.
Top forum chaps.
cheers
paul

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: DRIVE BELT.
Reply #1 - 10/21/09 at 12:33:15

It'd be cheaper to switch to a chain unless you can find a used belt.

17t Front 50t rear is roughly the same ratio as the belt and pulleys.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1174239333

All the chain info ^

When you change the cam chain you may consider also changing the rear guide(the one that bolts onto the tensioner housing) and/or order a modified tensioner assembly here from Verslagen1. The peace of mind is well worth the money.

IP Logged
KNOCKDOLIAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/21/09 at 12:59:11

Thanks for that, very interesting. I have seen the tensioner mod and I hope im not breaking any rules when I say that I am copying the mod myself. I take it that the belts are expensive in the states as well.

IP Logged
AngloSaxon

I'd rather have one
big one than four
small ones.

Framingham MA
Reply #3 - 10/21/09 at 13:06:35

Just put a post on The Marketplace, someone will have a spare but keep this in mind, I have an '87 and the belt is still going strong. Someone on here once said that these belts are bullet-proof.
Cheers mate.

As yet, a Bog Standard '87 with a big arse Harley muffler.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 10/21/09 at 14:01:05

I have bought belts rather inexpensively.
Start putting a $$ out and you probably will have me scrambling to get one from my pile o crap ...

And yes belts last forever, if I could, I'd go to belt on all of my chain bikes.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/21/09 at 14:15:44

yup...$180 here. Which I think comes to about 90lbs (Im a yank. IDK how to make that L symbol). Not a pricey as you're quoting by any stretch but Im a tightwad. $200 is too much for me for a belt. Hence I went chain. Seems like there's a few people here with spare belts though so depending on price and shipping across the big pond either option may be about even.

Bullet proof maybe. Rock/nail proof...nope. Mine got a nickle sized tear in the middle and a tear on the outer edge. Idk what did it but I wasnt comfortable riding around with a ripped belt.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 23:23:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DRIVE BELT.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.