too rich? (Read 72 times)
jonnychop
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

too rich?
10/16/09 at 11:26:04

Fellow savages

I have a few symptoms on my 91 savage, just had the engine worked on i was getting a lot of smoke and low compression so i had the rings replaced  and put in new valves springs and guides , and bike ran very good but recently the bike seems to bog or even stall when i twist the throttle on too fast i have to turn the idle screw all the way in or else it will die after i run it for about 10 minutes the engine gets really hot and the idle is way too high so i turn it out a little i tried the mixture screw on the right side of the carb but turning it in or out doesn´t affect idle ive already fouled one plug ( really black lots of carbon ) any comments too rich? I have not done the white spacer mod!

IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Re: too rich?
Reply #1 - 10/16/09 at 11:40:36

hmm im no mechanic but if it was running well before, and now is not. then it is likely one of the last things worked on. idk if timing would casue that or not. Oil? but i also dont know if that would casue fouled plug.

I would aggree that something is casuing a rich mix due to your fouled plugs. But i cant see the carb casuing that unless like it was messed with right before it started having issues, is it possible for a mainjet to loosen its way out and fell in bowl?

For something like this I usually cant wait my anxiety will get to me so i would take apart what ever was worked on last and check it out to see if everythigns still good. (even though sometimes i dont even know what im looking for! lol)

good luck, i know i get aggitated when i cant ride mine or get it working so.. yea good luck man!

hth

IP Logged
jonnychop
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/16/09 at 11:47:08

thank for the quik reply Im going to try pulling out the mixture screw entirely and replacing the o ring and then putting it in again. what do you guys think?

JC

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 10/16/09 at 12:44:39

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 01:18:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › too rich?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.