Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Oil Advise
Reply #75 - 10/18/09 at 10:53:26

That only leaves Gort ....

What you say Gort?

.... is this enough for this installation of the endless oil war?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #76 - 10/18/09 at 11:19:04

Don't mess with Gort, he'll zap you with his laser.  And it's from 50s.. not one of today's OSHA-approved sissy lasers.  

But seriously, the only chink in that argument is that miles traveled becomes a poorer and poorer index of use, the higher the number is.  50,000 hot-rodded short-trip miles in cold weather would be much worse than 50,000 highway miles taken in large chunks.  But the difference would be negligible if the miles traveled was only 50.. an essentially new engine regardless of the other factors.

So for purposes of oil joustmanship I shall stick to the "Best.. for WHAT?" dodge, good humour, and not even mention what oil I think is "best."  In other news, I don't tend to paint targets on my butt cheeks then go mucking around a shooting range.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #77 - 10/18/09 at 11:34:32

Yeah, but Gort was from "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and he was the epitome of the rational alien robot.

No, Gort only fired when fired upon unjustly, the rest of the time he just stood there and let the bullets bounce off.

When faced with honesty, he said "You may live, and perhaps grow and advance" or some such acknowledgment, then he got in his space ship and left.

Question is:  

.... is the honestly presented enough to get the Gort to speak?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #78 - 10/18/09 at 11:50:24

Synthetic oil is better than dino oil,I've used Mobil 1 since it come out in all kind of equipment,Including a New Holland front in loader with diesel motor,Some people say  they put in synthetic oil and it shifts better,gets better mileage. It didn't start doing that yesterday its been doing it for the last 40-50 years.So when someone say my bike shifts better with synthetic it is really funny to me,Because if they had tried it years ago they would have known.So if you want to save a pennies today and spend dollars tomorrow thats up to you.use oil made for motorcycles and you will save money in the the long run.I will use Klotz Hi-Performance TechniPlate MX4 oil its cheap insurance.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #79 - 10/18/09 at 12:05:34

Oldfeller, you keep referring to yourself as "WE", when indeed you represent only yourself and your personal opinion.  You do not speak for this board.

It is you who starts theses oil arguments, just like you did in this thread.  You begin with personal insulting sarcasm, like, "Bill is once again throwing out his Banana peels of misinformation, intentionally tripping up the innocent newbie readers".  It is not Bill who misleads the newbies, it is you trying to defend you choice of oils by misleading readers with false statements like, "Now that 'WE' have all agreed that Rotella is the best oil for the Savage...".  Or you continually accuse Bill67 of losing the argument, when indeed he never has. Or you say that ," Gort is squirming on the knife.", when indeed it is you who continually squirms, trying to defend unsupported arguments you should have never brought up.   You have lost the argument that Rotella is the best choice for the Savage because you never proved it.  Your 'evidence' consists of inaccurate comparisons to other motorcycle engines, links to personal opinions of other unknown individuals on other sites, and utterly false statements like," This is the most popular and respected motorcycle oil in America based on gallons bought and used".  There are NO surveys to show that among motorcycle owners, Rottella is used most, and NO surveys showing what the gallons of Rotella purchased, are being used in.  Using supporting 'evidence' like this is what you do, because you are squirming to support your un-provable contentions.

The only reason you choose Rotella is because it is cheaper than other oils, which is the same reason you put a hard rubber car tire instead of the latest in motorcycle tire safety technology on your bike, and is why you make homemade air filters instead of buying tested designs. You don't like to spend money.

Now be a good man, and put on your Star Wars costume, and stop stirring up the $hit every time someone asks an oil question.  Answer the question to the best of your ability, don't demand that "WE" are right and everyone else wrong, and don't insult other posters.  Just do like everyone else does.

« Last Edit: 10/18/09 at 14:24:18 by Arthur »  
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #80 - 10/18/09 at 12:12:49

Oldfellow cheap Huh Shocked

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #81 - 10/18/09 at 12:19:23

I think I just got the laser ....   zzzzzzzzzz!!!

==============

None of it is valid to Gort.

But then, he is an alien robot with no sense of humor.   You should all follow Gort's somewhat grumpy example however, because he has the big laser.

signed,

"a smoking hole in the ground"

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #82 - 10/18/09 at 12:24:58

Now, cheap is relative -- at least I use the $4.75 a quart; full synthetic version of Rotella rather than the dino stuff at $2.75 a quart.

But yeah, I'm relatively cheap.

Guilty as charged, Capt'n !

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #83 - 10/18/09 at 12:26:11

I gave up on oil,... too controversial...
switched to yogurt.... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #84 - 10/18/09 at 12:29:19

Once again you mislead the readers.  I never said "none" of your arguments were valid.  And as for a sense of humor, it is not funny to continually insult someone who disagrees with you, as you do constantly with Bill.  That is a technique used by debaters who are desperate to win their argument.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #85 - 10/18/09 at 12:43:55

Auugh!  zzzzzzzzZZZZZZ

<smoke & sizzle smells coming from still deeper hole in the ground>

signed

"misleading Bill abuser"

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #86 - 10/18/09 at 13:25:10

Oldfeller I still like you, your my favorite oldfeller

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #87 - 10/18/09 at 13:34:29

I know, Bill.  

Gort just hasn't figured out these irrational flesh and blood critters yet.

Because of his slot-eyed robotic outlook he simply prefers all his critters "extra crispy".  It's just the way he's built.

Me, I like Jessica Rabbit's outlook better ....

(Bonnnngggg!)  

She's just drawn that way !!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #88 - 10/18/09 at 13:51:22

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home