oil filter o ring (Read 108 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
oil filter o ring
10/13/09 at 13:01:00

just did my first oil change, it's the simple things in life that make u happy lol

my o ring is still good, but i was wondering what u would call it, what the part number is, and if cycle gear would have it.

i double checked like 3 times to make sure the filter wasn't in backwards lol!!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Re: oil filter o ring
Reply #1 - 10/13/09 at 13:33:24

I looked them up on temeculamotorsports.com.  The small O-ring that goes between the filter and the housing is part #09280-15007.  The large diameter one that encircles the outer housing is 09280-72001.  They're just called O-rings.  They're cheap.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 10/13/09 at 19:33:19

sweet! well if i find ones that have the same size then i should be good right?

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 10/13/09 at 19:40:43

Rocco, I haven't swapped mine out yet, they are good to go if you take some care moving them.  

The one in the cover just stays in place and it is good until it gets hardened and does not protrude above the lips when the pressure is off.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/13/09 at 23:27:30

Its not like they have any real pressure on them..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #5 - 10/14/09 at 06:38:23

Like was said, I can't imagine ever changing them. But if or when you do, daimeter of the circle isn't everything,....the diameter of the O-ring itself is very important also,.....meaning like .062 to .312 ? whatever it is. I would use the proper OEM P/N

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #6 - 10/14/09 at 08:59:06

oh ok! i was under the impression that they get changed like every 5 oil changes or something. but if it's not that frequent then i'll worry about it when it goes!! thanks guys!!

IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #7 - 10/14/09 at 10:44:38

They guy at ride now place told it should be replaced ever other change, i couldnt see why since the one i had was from the PO and had been used many times with out any noticable damage or leaks but i did buy an extra one they were cheap.

Advanced Discount autoparts store has these flex tubes for a dollor each, like oversized bendable straws, really nifty for adding liquids in awkward holes

IP Logged
Ramsforever

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/14/09 at 11:28:56

Go here:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/Mak...

Assuming you have a 2007  Grin

It has never failed me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 23:26:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oil filter o ring

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.