Send Topic Print
Battery (Read 226 times)
Ramsforever

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Battery
Reply #15 - 10/13/09 at 17:27:41

OK...

It's been 3 hours. The overflow tube is starting to bubble out fluid.

The charger says the battery is charged.

Should I let it continue?

I feel like a retard..... but I am used to car batterys, they dont have a tube.  Grin

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #16 - 10/13/09 at 22:37:00

If a battery is filled full before charging, it very likely will expand and vent out the tubes. Never fill a battery completely full unless it is near full charge.
When a battery is low on fluid, it should first be filled to just above the plates, or to the low line, then charged to like 80-90%, then add a little fluid if needed, then fully charge.

If it is not a true maintainer float type charger, 13.2 volts max, don't leave it charge if its venting out the tubes, as it may be overcharging.

On edit, the 13.2 float voltage is a safe voltage in warm temperatures. In colder winter temps, a higher voltage (as high as 14v) can be used to maintain/float charge. If the voltage is in the proper range for the temperature, very little if any water usuage will take place,....check twice a year at most.

In a perfect world, we would all have a very expensive temperature compensating charger to maintain our batteries, which would vari the voltage as the temperature changes.

« Last Edit: 10/14/09 at 06:57:16 by Routy »  

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Ramsforever

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/14/09 at 11:23:17

Thanks to all here on the forum.

I appreciate all your input, and I don't know what I would do without it.

Everything is good.

It's 33 degrees in the morning and it started right up. The high today is 45  Grin

But until the roads are froze, I am balling it!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 01:15:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.