Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Any Corbin updates?
10/10/09 at 22:42:55

Anyone have an update on how the new seat is doing? I am still trying to get the purse strings loosened...

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Any Corbin updates?
Reply #1 - 10/11/09 at 08:20:40

Threaten to collapse the economy  if you dont get your needed bailout.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Reply #2 - 10/11/09 at 16:13:36

I have around 800 miles on my new Corbin now. It takes some 'getting use to" as it is really firm. The " getting use to part" is the fact that it moves you close to the tank. I mean you are right at the tank! And like I said before, once you set down on it you don't move from that position. Another complaint is when you stop for a break and you want to set "side saddle" for a little while, FORGET IT!. It's like trying to pecrh in a teaspoon. I am 5'10'' and 190 -193 so my butt isn't all that big. Hope this has been of help.

Ride Safe
                                                                       Marine5317

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 10/11/09 at 16:43:12

Does the seat take the bumps better or about the same?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 10/11/09 at 16:52:56

I like the stock seat just fine with the comments I heard from marine I think.
Maybe a harley sporty, corbin ?
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Reply #5 - 10/11/09 at 17:45:41

bill67 wrote on 10/11/09 at 16:43:12:
  Does the seat take the bumps better or about the same?

Bill this seat is really FIRM! It's a feeling you just have to get use to. My longest ride so far was around 62 miles and my butt didn"t get sore ,but there were times I thought I was riding a hard tail. This is the best way I can describe it.
                                                                           Ride Safe
                                                                           Marine5317

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 10/11/09 at 18:20:44

Thanks a lot Marine 5317,I guess it does take them a long time to break in,Their probably better for long trips.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #7 - 10/11/09 at 19:03:27

Just returned from my second 200 mile day on the Corbin seat.  I had a little monkey butt, and I was tired, but my butt was not sore.

I now have about 1200 miles on it.  Every seat is going to be different for every person, just as every body is different.  I weigh over 300 pounds, so my experience on a seat is going to be very different from someone who weighs, say, 200 pounds.

Having said that, there is a reason why I have had a Corbin seat on almost every bike that I have owned in the last 20 years.  They work for me.  I know that a lot of people talk about how firm they are.  I call that support.  At the end of the day, the seat doesn't feel any different than it did when I first get on it in the morning.  

I have owned a Sportster, and while the seat feels cushier at first, after an hour or so, you find yourself squirming around trying to find a more comfortable position.  Once that starts, it doesn't stop until you get off of the bike.  As I have said in another post, there is a reason why there are so many Sporty seats for sale on eBay.

I am not suggesting that the Corbin seat is for everyone.  For me, I am just glad that they are finally making one for the Savage.  My only complaint is that they didn't make a solo seat.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #8 - 10/12/09 at 05:35:52

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/custom-gel-leather-seat-s...

Someone posted this site about something else and I was surprised when I browsed it and found another replacement seat for the S40 (they say "Will not fit LS650").  And gel to boot!  Thinking of trying it.  Anyone have one???

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 10/12/09 at 05:41:18

Some people on here have them,they will speak up,I think they say its a little better than stock,wait for some responses.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #10 - 10/12/09 at 05:50:07

babyhog - that's the other OEM seat that Suzuki offers.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #11 - 10/12/09 at 05:53:37

There are 2 difference seats they have. Pillow and regular.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/12/09 at 06:44:18

Corbin offer more room for 2 up riding?  I don't mind being closer to tank, actually.  Gives better handling - more weight on F wheel.

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 10/12/09 at 07:56:08

I agree voldogicam,Me being 5'6" it would be alright for me.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 10/12/09 at 13:06:56

babyhog wrote on 10/12/09 at 05:35:52:
http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/custom-gel-leather-seat-s...

Someone posted this site about something else and I was surprised when I browsed it and found another replacement seat for the S40 (they say "Will not fit LS650").  And gel to boot!  Thinking of trying it.  Anyone have one???

I have the "gel" seat for a suzuki GS500, its really not gel, its pretty much the same darn foam the original seat is made of, its also the same pan, just more foam and semi contoured. However on the GS atleast, the gel seat is just way better than the corbin or stock. The sitting on it part is about par with corbin. Like as you're sitting on it straight on while riding, its close enough. However if you're stopped or standing with 1 or both feet down. the gel is waaaaaay better than the corbin.
Of course IMHO, corbin looks great on the GS500, the gel looks like crap.
You could get a good upholstery man to make you a seat way better than both IMHO. Gel seat is just such an attempt by suzuki. I'm getting on for my SV too, and any tall bike corbin will be a serious let down IMHO. The edge and whatever on it just is in the wrong place.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 01:20:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Any Corbin updates?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.