Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Anyone have an S40 with an unmodified carb? (Read 605 times)
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Anyone have an S40 with an unmodified carb?
Reply #45 - 10/08/09 at 06:08:57

Some years ago at work someone raised the question "What would Jesus drive?" The usual answers were on the order of Honda Civics and so forth. I thought about it, and said "A fifteen-passenger van." There were incredulous looks. But think - there are the twelve disciples, Mary, and Jesus. That's fourteen, and the extra seat leaves room for the basket of fishes and loaves.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #46 - 10/08/09 at 06:32:16

Quote:
While thanking you for taking the time to add to this thread I regret that you do not believe in Jesus.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Why think negative ?
I didn't read him saying he didn't,..... most do in their own way. Some always think negative. I'll just think positive on that one Wink

Getting back to the carb mods etc, it reminds me in Ca back in the 70's, when some older cars had to be modified to pass the current smog specs, this included retarding the timing below factory specs, and completely disconnecting the vacum advance, all to get them to pass the hydrocarbon test at idle and low speed only. Some would not even run (idle) that way, so instead of installing the "smog kit",  the smog inspectors would just hand the customer the kit still in the package just to satisfy the law. Other smog stations would tell you right up front that the car (whatever) now runs terrible, and would show you what to do as soon as you got home,....which included connecting the vacum advance, and advancing the timing. I can remember picking up a dodge van from the smog station one time, and upon any acceleration it backfired thru the carb all the way home. I call ed the shop, they told me their hands were tied, then told me what to do to fix it.
They later realized that while they were reducing HCs at idle speed, it was really poluting more than ever at hiway speeds. That when stuff changed, and the dyno testing came in,......a whole nother story !

Moral of the story, just because the epa wants it that way, that don't mean its right ! Roll Eyes

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
sansone
YaBB Newbies

gary@sansoneservices
.com

Reply #47 - 10/08/09 at 06:58:16

let's talk about bikes. It is cheaper than going to a therapist.  Cheesy

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 03:27:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyone have an S40 with an unmodified carb?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.