Upgrading Footpegs (Read 82 times)
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Upgrading Footpegs
10/01/09 at 09:53:02

So, the PO swapped the driver pegs to aftermarket solid chrome pegs, and I think I would prefer to swap to an ISO style peg with some rubber cushioning. Problem is, like most changes on these bikes, there are very few if any listed anywhere that show as a replacement. I know some of the other members have changed their pegs, so what do I need to look for to get some that will work out of the box, or with only slight modifications?
 Undecided

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Re: Upgrading Footpegs
Reply #1 - 10/01/09 at 11:30:41

At jcwhitney.com you can go to their motorcycle catalog, enter your bike make, model, and year, and it will generate items that will work.  They have a number of footpegs, some of which are Kuryakyn ISOs.  I think you can find what you need.  I've got ISOs on my bike (old ones that need to be replaced), and I like them.  They've got the rubber inserts for more cushioning.  You want to look for the "male" type of peg.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 10/01/09 at 12:32:05

Thanks.

Using JCWhitney, it looks like I would/could use the ISO 8000 that they have for $45 for the driver pegs

http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/product.jcw?nval=0&statenval=200013655+200...

or their other brand that has the heel stirrup for $40

http://www.jcwhitney.com/FOOT_PEGS_WITH_STIRRUP_HEEL_REST?ID=12;0;200013655+2...

But what about the passenger pegs? If I go this route, I might want to keep them "uniform" or at least try to keep them looking close to each other. Any suggestions?

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #3 - 10/01/09 at 12:43:45

I've never fooled with the passenger footpegs.  I seldom have a passsenger, although sometimes I used the rear pegs for more of a crouch position myself on long trips.  Guess I'm not meticulous about matching up the pegs. Smiley

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 10:34:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Upgrading Footpegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.