Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dyna muffler received....  good news, bad news (Read 200 times)
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Dyna muffler received....  good news, bad news
09/29/09 at 17:40:55

Well, I'm happy and pi$$ed at the same time.  My package FINALLY arrived today.  I won them on Ebay.  The guy waited 5 days after I paid to mail them out!  They were supposed to be "brand new" with one still in the plastic wrap.  My son gets home before I do, so I texted him to see if my package made it.  It did, but the box was busted open and one of the mufflers was gone.  Of course, the one that was still there was the one NOT in the plastic, and its not "brand new".  It was a little bent on the connection end, not too bad, but still...  

Now the worse news, I didn't insure it, so I figure I'm outta luck on the other one.  (I was gonna post it on here to see if anyone wanted it!)  I stopped at the post office before I actually went home because the window was about to close, and the lady told me the mailman might have marked the box "received damaged", but he didn't.  I'm going to stop there again tomorrow, just to see if they found it loose somewhere, but I'm doubtful.  Anyone had any similar experience losing something in the mail?

The good news is that it sounds good, once we got it on.  I took a short ride to get some gas, and I have a tunnel about a half mile from my house and it sounded awesome in the tunnel!  

~

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Re: Dyna muffler received....  good news, bad news
Reply #1 - 09/29/09 at 17:49:58

How did your installation go?

Myself I never buy anything from Ebay without insurance.  There are a lot of cheats on there, plus you can't depend on the Post Office.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 09/29/09 at 18:10:30

Went good enough for a quick test ride, but we went to Advance to get an extender/reducer.  Small exhaust leak.  Now I'll have to stop at the Harley shop to get another clamp, so we'll mess with it more tomorrow.  Hopefully won't be as chilly tomorrow either...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/29/09 at 19:16:51

Wheww, I thought the bad news was gonna be "It has a crossover"..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 09/29/09 at 19:24:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/29/09 at 19:16:51:
Wheww, I thought the bad news was gonna be "It has a crossover"..

I do pay attention to some posts, justin....  haha

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/29/09 at 20:38:35

Never know if someone is gonna ship what the pic was. I wasnt takin a shot at you, Piglet.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #6 - 09/29/09 at 22:24:51

I had the exact same thing happen with fedx the better of the two was missing. the seller refunded half the money so all was good.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Dyna muffler received....  good news, bad
Reply #7 - 09/29/09 at 23:20:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/29/09 at 20:38:35:
Never know if someone is gonna ship what the pic was. I wasnt takin a shot at you, Piglet.

Piglet,.... I like that...
Can I call you Piglet, Babyhog?... Huh
I'll never call you, late for dinner... Huh

PS,.. I bought two,... the first lasted 16,000 miles, and sounded great...
Hope the buying price was worth that...
Meanwhile,... if you're going for 100+k miles like me,... just watch for another bargain....
Like me...
Enjoy,... ride safe...
Wink

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #8 - 09/30/09 at 06:35:03

Yes, I don't mind "Piglet".... he was one of my favorite childhood characters.  Used to have a stuffed animal Piglet, I wish I could find.  He could ride with me.

Well, I called the post office distribution center this morning and spoke with a friendly fella.  He said separated mail comes into his area.  The normal guy who handles the stuff is on vacation, but he said he would look for it.  I told him where it was coming from and coming to, so he said we'd start at the end and work our way back.  We might be able to find it.  

Was it a bargain??  Yes, I think it was actually a steal.  I won the auction for $12.50 and he wanted $8.00 shipping.  So at that price, even one was worth it, in my opinion.  The seller sent me an email after it ended and said he "was sure they would go for $50 at least".  Sorry for his luck!  Also, the $8 that I paid for shipping actually cost him $12.06, so I'm a doubtin I'm gonna get anymore help from him.  After all the fees, he didn't make much.  But maybe, just maybe, the post office will surprise me.
Undecided

~   

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #9 - 09/30/09 at 08:20:21

Sorry to hear about the Post Office mishap, but it sounds like you still got a heck of a deal. I'm looking to install the Dyna that I got with my bike in the near future, so any detailed pics that you can post would be appreciated.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #10 - 09/30/09 at 10:51:34

I went back to the post office on my lunch and talked with the postmaster.  I printed several pictures of the package.  He said that eventually, lost mail ends up in Atlanta!  But he took my pictures and information and said he'd speak with the mail carrier first, to see if he remembers the package being damaged before delivery, and he would check around to make sure it isn't in the station.  Then he will email Atlanta with the details.  He said he never gets responses from them... they just mail the stuff back to people when they find it.  So anyhoo, at least they are willing to look, considering I didn't insure it!

EJID, we put it on last night, and I didn't take any pics... but.... I want to add a little spacer/extender, so I've bought that, and we ordered another clamp from the Suzi stealership, so I am going to leave it as-is until that clamp comes in.  When it does, we'll take it off and re-install, so I'll snap some pics to post.  I think someone had some step by step pics posted once, but last time I looked, the pics didn't show on the posting.  The dang clamp was $17, and $3 for the extension -- more than I paid for the muffler itself.... LOL

IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #11 - 09/30/09 at 14:43:35

My wife calls her Honda scooter 'Piglet'. I had some 'Piglet' decals made up for it. Too small to be a Hog.  Grin

I have a Dyna muffler on mine, LOVE it. Great sound without being obnoxiously loud.

07 S40
  IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #12 - 09/30/09 at 20:03:36

4carbcorvair wrote on 09/30/09 at 14:43:35:
My wife calls her Honda scooter 'Piglet'. I had some 'Piglet' decals made up for it. Too small to be a Hog.  Grin

I have a Dyna muffler on mine, LOVE it. Great sound without being obnoxiously loud.

I'd love to see a picture of your Honda scooter with a Dyna muffler on it.  Must look different to say the least.   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #13 - 10/01/09 at 04:39:30

prsavage wrote on 09/30/09 at 20:03:36:
4carbcorvair wrote on 09/30/09 at 14:43:35:

I'd love to see a picture of your Honda scooter with a Dyna muffler on it.  Must look different to say the least.   Grin Grin Grin

Now that I re-read that, it does sound that way doesn't it....  Grin  Grin  Grin

The Dyna is on my 07 S40. I DO NOT have a scooter.....  Grin

07 S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:37:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna muffler received....  good news, bad news

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.