Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lights (Read 326 times)
boofer
Ex Member

Lights
09/26/09 at 23:47:59

I finally got it. Optronics 50watt halogens. Brackets formed from 1/16"X3/4"X4' aluminum flat stock. Wrap aluminum around fork and squeeze with ViseGrips to fashion 2 tabs about 2" long. Drill hole through both tabs for light stud to go through. Lights: JC Whitney $25. Aluminum:Ace hardware $3.78. Lights come with switch and very simple harness. I will wire these and cover the wire with black loom. Hooked up to battery charger to test. Very bright. If charging system can't handle it, ACE has 35w bulbs the same size. I will adjust these in the dark to get them right.  Boofer

IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Re: Lights
Reply #1 - 10/10/09 at 19:56:40

qn7qcw7 wrote on 09/27/09 at 00:33:25:
Sorry Burn, I can't afford HID and gas, too. Hit head on because they didn't see me, or hit from behind while pushing an empty bike.  LOL  Boofer

Boofer, I have the same lights and I had to take them off because it drained my battery after two days of 40 mile round trips.  I had them connected to my running lights so they were on at all times.

I saw your comment about the lower wattage bulb, maybe that may work.  They are nice lights and I have them sitting in my garage.   Sad

IP Logged
sakara
2005 No Login

Thumpalicious

Lockport, NY
Reply #2 - 10/16/09 at 08:18:56

ditto; had these same 50w units on a virago that burned up the battery on one long, night drive. Put them on a toggle switch and they are fine; but all the time they draw too much power.

Alliance Member

'86 Thumper bobber rat project.
sakara   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 10/16/09 at 08:42:21

Would these 35w Vizor lights be a better choice? On auction, could go for about $36 or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VIZOR-35-WATT-DRIVING-LIGHTS-HARLEY-METRIC_W0Q...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 18:33:15

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Lights

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.