Send Topic Print
2007 sportster 883 (Read 718 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 2007 sportster 883
Reply #30 - 09/30/09 at 23:02:45

Just got notified that I'm being temperarily laid off for six weeks.

In Texas you could get unemployment,But that does jack the employers insurance up & costs them $$$, maybe they wouldnt like that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Angie

Anybody can be
normal, where's the
fun in that?

Iowa
Reply #31 - 10/01/09 at 07:08:34

In my opinion, the Savage is alot better for short distance and in town stuff.  Just easier to handle, esp in stop and go, low speed situations.  Sportsters are better for longer distance, and if you are carrying a passanger.  Bigger bikes are more comfortable for long trips, but they are heavier and (for me) harder to handle.  

Justin - Im really sorry to hear about you getting laid off.  It sucks, even if you do get unemployment.

Lying is emotional immaturity in action
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #32 - 10/01/09 at 08:09:21

Angie wrote on 10/01/09 at 07:08:34:
Justin - Im really sorry to hear about you getting laid off.  It sucks, even if you do get unemployment.

I think Justin was "quoting" JJN who said he just got laid off.  But it IS hard to tell Justin was referring to a quote.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #33 - 10/01/09 at 09:59:10

serenity3743 wrote on 10/01/09 at 08:09:21:
Angie wrote on 10/01/09 at 07:08:34:

I think Justin was "quoting" JJN who said he just got laid off.  But it IS hard to tell Justin was referring to a quote.

Nice catch, Serenity, I thought the same thing Angie did.  Was thinkin dang, two people getting laid off at the same time!   Always sorry to hear about anyone getting laid off.

And I'd also like to thank everyone for informative comments on the Sportster.  I like them, and may consider one someday, but right now, I'm lovin my S40.  I am considering converting a sportster seat on my S40 tho.  I wish I had some good dimensions!  (have emailed a few people with some listed on ebay, if they will ever write me back!)  

~

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 10/01/09 at 10:21:35

I cant get laid off. Im disabled. Havent worked in almost 15 years. I would LOVE to get laid off, I would LOVE to be looking for a job. That would mean I was at least able to have one.
Havent you guys noticed, I am here, a LOT,,& when Im not here, I am feeling good enough to get out & mess around, or too crappy to sit here & read & type. REcently, Ive gotten a few things done, ( the pics). Makes a Me a vera happeee..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Angie

Anybody can be
normal, where's the
fun in that?

Iowa
Reply #35 - 10/02/09 at 07:38:34

You're right Justin, being disabled is even worse than being laid off.  As much as I crab about having to go to work, not being able to would be even more suckish.  And Im on here alot too, I just do it from work.   Lips Sealed  dont tell my boss.  We have dial-up internet at home and 7 year old computer.  At work I have a new computer and high speed internet.  Nuff said.

Lying is emotional immaturity in action
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 10/02/09 at 16:28:18

My brother's disabled and on SSI and HATES it. He CAN work but for every $X he makes they cut $X x 1.5 from his SSI. He's a very smart well read guy but has a learning disability aswell as a physical disability and the learning disability has made it impossible for him to pass the necessary math classes to graduate from college. No schools will cut him a break. So he's supposedly unskilled since he doesnt have a peice of paper showing otherwise and if he decided to get a job he'd be stuck with a McJob. He's forced to essentially live off the government.

IP Logged
Frostnasty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 10/07/09 at 04:29:26

photojoe FSO wrote on 09/26/09 at 12:57:48:
Never had a chance to ride the Sportster's post evo, but have heard good things about them. Owned 2 iron head Sporty's in my life. I will always miss the '72, but never had any affinity for the '84. That bike always gave me problems, right down to the blown rod (probably due to previous owners not taking care of it though).

Uncle Larry rode my Savage back to the house for me after my incident last Sunday. He rides a 1200 Sporty. They only negative thing he had to say about my bike was "the front end felt a bit wobbly." Other than that, he had a good time ripping through the twisties in the rural area.

I've always liked Sporty's and can't think of anything bad to say about them. New prices are a bit high, and you can get a lot more bang for the buck buying a newer Suzi S83 which is what I'd prefer.

Da#n shame they quit makin' the S83/VS1400 :'(.  What a bike!  I'm on my second one and have nothing bad to say about them.  I hope they're only temporarily gone from the line up and come back soon, bigger, badder, (& FI  Smiley)
I wouldn't mind having a Sporty too though.

IP Logged
sakara
2005 No Login

Thumpalicious

Lockport, NY
Reply #38 - 10/07/09 at 10:10:35

I got my 2005 883 custom (big front rim, big tank, non fuel injection) with 215 miles on it in 2006 for 7k. It had the detachable backrest and Screaming eagle intake and exhaust. I have receipts for around 11k from the dealership that the guy gave me.

5-5500 for an 07 is a no brainer. They started rubber mounting the engines in 05, and EFI is darned handy in the cold weather.

I've got over 15k on my speedo now, and only replaced the front tire, and changed the oil and filter. No issues whatsoever.

Alliance Member

'86 Thumper bobber rat project.
sakara   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 21:52:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2007 sportster 883

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.