IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Best Oil for Savage
Reply #91 - 09/29/09 at 12:53:36

I have a suit like that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #92 - 09/29/09 at 13:15:49

That suit will last a long time

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #93 - 09/29/09 at 13:30:30

Should have used Klotz on my hair instead of Brylcream.  Smiley

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #94 - 09/29/09 at 13:46:11

Without degrees in chemical and mechanical engineering, no one is qualified to discredit Klotz oils.  Klotz has been in business many years making millions of dollars selling their product to satisfied consumers.  Who here has designed and produced any lubrication product?  

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #95 - 09/29/09 at 14:26:43

Where are these educated people that you are referring to who are speaking up for Klotz 4 stroke oil products?

Other than Klotz, that is --

Bill "believes" strongly in their product.   Great.   I would be happy to find some other real people who are using the 4 stroke product and saying ANYTHING about it on the net, good or bad.

We've given up trying to find any technical specifications or characteristics to the Klotz special Techniplate additive that results in "zero wear".   It was originally claimed to help coat cylinder walls after the 2 stroke combustion event took place ....  this applies to your Savage engine how?

=================

(there is only one of us currently burning enough oil to make this case for Klotz, and we are not naming any names as he knows who he is ....)

=================

Zero wear in what test?   Mobil 1 made the same claim for their original synthetic oil based on a sample of 1 engine.   Klotz did a lot of their "claims" work on two stroke engines -- was this a two stroke test?

Now we have Gort, 'ol Mr Show Me The Data who is saying we can't disprove Klotz's claims -- duh, we don't even know the unknown test basis that they used to prove their "zero wear" is actually due to their undefined "Super Techniplate" technology.   We can't even prove the Techniplate stuff (whatever it is) is actually in there.  

Of course nobody can disprove completely undefined superlatives (that's why they called it snake oil in the old days -- you couldn't disprove it wasn't in there and that it didn't do all the stuff they said it did because it didn't exist in the first place).

Now what do I know about Klotz?  It cost a lot and it didn't smoke as badly as Yamalube did.   I deemed it good two stroke oil and I used it.

What do I know about Klotz 4 stroke oil after looking?  It is a synthetic with Super Techniplate ingredient as it's claim to glory and it cost more per quart than a gallon of Rotella Triple Protection white jug oil costs you.

Folks have technical analysis break downs on the composition of normal oils that we discuss and we can talk about what they have and don't have in them.

You can't do this with Klotz as you can't prove (or disprove) or test for its undefined special ingredient.

==============

PS  You CAN prove there ARE herbs and spices in Colonel Sanders special recipe chicken.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #96 - 09/29/09 at 14:32:09

You know gort you make a valid point.  No one here (well there is a couple who have the credentials) can dispute their claims.  That being the guidelines there are no credible claims in its favor either.

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #97 - 09/29/09 at 14:32:15

which herbs and spices

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #98 - 09/29/09 at 14:37:21

If you want you S40 to run good use diesel oil,To handle good car tires,I don't even no why they make motorcycle tires,Make your own air filter.If you don't follow these guide linesWooooooooooooooooo unto you you have been warned.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #99 - 09/29/09 at 15:18:19

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 09/29/09 at 14:26:43:
Where are these educated people that you are referring to who are speaking up for Klotz 4 stroke oil products?

Other than Klotz, that is --

Bill "believes" strongly in their product.   Great.   I would be happy to find some other real people who are using the 4 stroke product and saying ANYTHING about it on the net, good or bad.

We've given up trying to find any technical specifications or characteristics to the Klotz special Techniplate additive that results in "zero wear".   It was originally claimed to help coat cylinder walls after the 2 stroke combustion event took place ....  this applies to your Savage engine how?

=================

(there is only one of us currently burning enough oil to make this case for Klotz, and we are not naming any names as he knows who he is ....)

=================

Zero wear in what test?   Mobil 1 made the same claim for their original synthetic oil based on a sample of 1 engine.   Klotz did a lot of their "claims" work on two stroke engines -- was this a two stroke test?

Now we have Gort, 'ol Mr Show Me The Data who is saying we can't disprove Klotz's claims -- duh, we don't even know the unknown test basis that they used to prove their "zero wear" is actually due to their undefined "Super Techniplate" technology.   We can't even prove the Techniplate stuff (whatever it is) is actually in there.  

Of course nobody can disprove completely undefined superlatives (that's why they called it snake oil in the old days -- you couldn't disprove it wasn't in there and that it didn't do all the stuff they said it did because it didn't exist in the first place).

Now what do I know about Klotz?  It cost a lot and it didn't smoke as badly as Yamalube did.   I deemed it good two stroke oil and I used it.

What do I know about Klotz 4 stroke oil after looking?  It is a synthetic with Super Techniplate ingredient as it's claim to glory and it cost more per quart than a gallon of Rotella Triple Protection white jug oil costs you.

Folks have technical analysis break downs on the composition of normal oils that we discuss and we can talk about what they have and don't have in them.

You can't do this with Klotz as you can't prove (or disprove) or test for its undefined special ingredient.

==============

PS  You CAN prove there ARE herbs and spices in Colonel Sanders special recipe chicken.

"Where are these educated people you speak of who are speaking up for Klotz 4 stroke products?" (O.F.)

Pay attention to what I said.  I said nothing about anyone speaking up for Klotz.  What I said was that no one here is qualified to DISCREDIT Klotz products.  Just because you can't find the data you are looking for doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Therefore, your conclusions about the product are unsupported and invalid.

"WE'VE given up trying to find any technical specifications or characteristics to the Klotz special techniplate additive that results in zero wear." (O.F.)

Throughout your posts you keep trying to validate your personal opinions by suggesting you speak for other members.  You say, "We've given up".  "We" didn't give up, you did. You do not speak for the members here on any issue, anymore than anyone else on this board does.  

IP Logged
easywriter
YaBB Newbies

Kansas
Reply #100 - 09/29/09 at 15:42:14

Just want to say thank you for this informative thread! If it wasn't for the input, I may have went with the same Pennzoil that goes in my car. Based on what I read, I'm thinking Rotella T synthetic. It has lots of ZDDP and is cost effective.

Riding in the Land of Oz with a 2003 Suzuki Savage 650.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #101 - 09/29/09 at 16:15:06

Sinc4e its obvious price equates with protective qualities I will make you happy & your bike last forever. I'll sell a gallon of oil in my own "specially marked" container for $1,000.00. You can change it as often as you like. Ill make more..& your bike CANT ever wear out, cuz you are spending tons for the oil. Dont worry about what is or isnt in it. I said its good, that should be enough to satisfy the most ardent oil lover.

Taking orders now, PM me with how many gallons you want. Ill take 25% off on orders of 2 & 35% on 3 or more.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #102 - 09/29/09 at 16:16:16

bill67 wrote on 09/29/09 at 08:53:56:
voldigicam wrote on 09/29/09 at 03:19:48:
Exactly how are special motorcycle oils different?

It can't be the base, so it has to be in the additives.  

Motorcycle oil is made for transmission and wet clutches,and engines,Thats why you really should use Motorcycle Oil

So you don't know what makes it different.  A shame.  

One can buy various bases and additive packages, make up one's own oil, and slap whatever label on it one wants.  

Wet clutches I would expect mainly require oil that won't interfere with their functioning.  A fairly robust system.  That's not the part that requires gobs of extra stuff.  The mix of engine parts spinning and sliding plus transmission gear stresses.  I'm not convinced that sharing the sump is ideal, but that's the way it's done, so the oil needs to match.  

I would expect the key to be in the ZDDP aspects.  

I'm quite suspicious of the relabeling and packaging game.  I'm in the violin trade, rampant with that type of game.  I'm swayed by specs and tests, not labels.

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #103 - 09/29/09 at 17:01:50

Japanese motorcycle companies want you to use JASO rated oil Klotz is.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #104 - 09/29/09 at 19:17:52

Is rotella

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9