Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
weather proofing the bike (Read 461 times)
Pabst 2006

Thump Thump KERPOW!

Rochester, NY
Re: weather proofing the bike
Reply #30 - 09/29/09 at 18:09:58

With all the fall rains, I make sure I have a couple ziploc bags in the pocket of my jacket.  The jacket material is supposed to be waterproof, but the pockets still have some leakage.  I just stash anything I don't want to get wet (cell phone, wallet, etc) in the bags.  It's saved my phone a bunch of times from getting buttons shorted out from moisture.

-Pabst

2008 S40 - Red
  IP Logged
whistler2000
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 10/04/09 at 15:47:24

Justin_o, Thanks for the suggestion on the IDK under my tank. I will check that. As a matter of fact, I rinsed the bike off with the hose and couldn't start it. Had to blow dry it off and wait 15 min. b4 it would start. Are you saying the spark plug wire or coil is getting wet?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 10/04/09 at 15:53:38

There is a major connector under the tank. If its not closed all the way, maybe its getting wet? But, just a rinse shouldnt have gotten to that one. Its Up Under the tank, on top of the frame.
Id try wetting one area & see if it starts, another area & see if it start, when you get to the area you get wet & it doesnt, then,, well,  you get it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
whistler2000
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 10/04/09 at 16:03:09

Thanks Justin_o, I'll try that connector 'cause I did rinse off the top of the engine. Had sanding dust all over everything and just wanted to get it off b4 getting the engine hot.

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #34 - 12/13/09 at 21:19:14

jabman wrote on 09/23/09 at 00:07:51:
looking around here I get the impression that the bike doesnt like getting wet

is there anything i can do to make sure the electrical system keeps working in heavy rain

Jab,

Any time you have the tank or any other panels or covers off the bike, use that opportunity to pull apart any electrical connectors you can get to and dab some silicone grease onto the pins and into the sockets.  I use this stuff and a toothpick:

All my bikes get this treatment and I never have any electrical problems in wet weather.

IHTH!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 11:44:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › weather proofing the bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.