Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hose that hangs underneath bike.  Anyone know what (Read 396 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Hose that hangs underneath bike.  Anyone know
Reply #15 - 12/11/09 at 17:24:53

Save that oil thats come out of that little tube,You can resell that to Rotella for their diesel oil.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #16 - 12/12/09 at 12:47:57

Watch that reference to a very old man. I'm very old and mine doesn't dangle or dribble.  Cheesy I put on a K&N cone and therefore have no need for the air box. I took Gort's advice and put an oil breather on the end of the crankcase vent hose. Looks great! Thread on it a few days ago under either "air box" or "K&N" Go to the second page of "rubberside" and look for K&N. On page two of this thread, Gort explains the air box hose thingy. Check out the pic of his setup. Cool!  Cool

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 12/12/09 at 14:00:16

Oldnewguy wrote on 12/12/09 at 12:47:57:
Watch that reference to a very old man. I'm very old and mine doesn't dangle or dribble.  Cheesy I put on a K&N cone and therefore have no need for the air box. I took Gort's advice and put an oil breather on the end of the crankcase vent hose. Looks great! Thread on it a few days ago under either "air box" or "K&N" Go to the second page of "rubberside" and look for K&N. On page two of this thread, Gort explains the air box hose thingy. Check out the pic of his setup. Cool!  Cool

How about some pics?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 12/12/09 at 15:51:07

Arthur wrote on 12/12/09 at 14:00:16:
Oldnewguy wrote on 12/12/09 at 12:47:57:

How about some pics?

I figgered ol' Gort fer some kinda "progressive" kinda thinker, but I was really shocked at the request fer pics,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 12/12/09 at 17:35:57

No, No, I don't want naked pics of Oldnewguy, I would like to see pics of his bike with its conversions.

IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #20 - 12/12/09 at 18:31:58

riiight

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 12/13/09 at 05:58:40

Arthur wrote on 12/12/09 at 17:35:57:
No, No, I don't want naked pics of Oldnewguy, I would like to see pics of his bike with its conversions.

I know, I was just goofin with ya

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #22 - 12/13/09 at 06:18:28

OK, Here goes! Nothing naked 'cept my bike!  Cheesy

I cut the Right side, front and top out the the air box. I had planned on removing it completely, but there is a hidden screw some where on the bottom. As it worked out, the way I did it, I can still mount the covers.

I mounted the rectifier in the air box on the back wall next to the pool table.  Grin

I threw in a pic of my bike stripped. Hey, T Mack, recognize that muffler laying on the table? I installed it and got it running yesterday. That is one great sounding muffler. I live one mile from the local Harley dealer so I get to hear and see a lot of bikes.

And last but not least, The conversion.  Smiley You know, looking at it, it does dangle a bit. I haven't decieded to secure it horizontally or vertically. Any thoughts?

That's all folks!!  Smiley

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #23 - 12/15/09 at 15:22:56

Hey,

You guys wanted pics, but nobody has looked at them!

Not naked Oldnewguy

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 12/15/09 at 15:36:22

You did a nice job, Oldenewguy.  About your asking for suggestions for the oil breather filter attachment, I made an aluminum plate and bolted it to the frame, as you can see in my pic.

IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #25 - 12/15/09 at 17:39:25

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll probably go that way. Only alternative is a tie rap which looks funky.  Tongue

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #26 - 12/16/09 at 07:17:58

The PO added a breather filter to my bike as well, but just used tie wraps. I don't think it looks bad at all.

I just need to figure a way to reattach the side covers without the airbox being there.   Huh

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #27 - 12/16/09 at 07:56:36

That doesn't look bad at all. My white ty rap was temp. You may be able to build some brackets out of light metal to hold the covers. Small L brackets to the frame?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:17:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hose that hangs underneath bike.  Anyone know what

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.