Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cam Chain tensioner bolt (Read 69 times)
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cam Chain tensioner bolt
09/20/09 at 00:03:37

yea...the one that attaches the rear guide and tensioner...with my old guides....in the landfill. Hardware store 10.9/12.9 acceptable?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Cam Chain tensioner bolt
Reply #1 - 09/20/09 at 00:05:31

Man,, that suxxx!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 09/20/09 at 00:13:16

That's a shoulder bolt, provides a slip fit while the bolt is securely tightened down.  A bolt and a spacer will do but make sure the guide is free to rotate.

WWW   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/20/09 at 00:16:18

yep...a lot. Small bench and down to the piston. Head here, head cover there, cylinder there, side cover on top, old cam chain and guides, tools and parts baggies everywhere...I was losing my mind with all the "junk" in my way.

Verslagen - When you say spacer do you mean spacing between the two bolt holes or spacing between the bolt and the tensioner bolt hole. 'Cause I could put a washer or two between the bolt holes but I suspect that isnt what you mean. In which case it would take me just as long and more effort to find a suitably fitting spacer than just waiting for the bolt. Whatever I do I intend to replce the bolt I lost/threw out. Its just that at this point 3-5 days more waiting to ride is...regretful to say the least.

On the up side, I was able to get my exhaust vales seals replaced, refinished the valve seats, the cylinder honed, and the cam chain and guides replaced.

« Last Edit: 09/20/09 at 01:34:20 by BurnPgh »  
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/20/09 at 09:50:34

Some hardware stores have a rack of drawers with bizzare parts in them. You may be able to find a metric shoulder bolt that fits.  If not get a 10.9 hardness bolt that matches the thread and is long enough to accept a sleeve spacer so that when tight,(with red locktite), the device is free to move.
Better yet, go to the stealership and get the right bolt.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 03:49:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cam Chain tensioner bolt

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.